Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacobtan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 326
Message 1 of 3

Unfair 1 to 1 replacement by Lenovo

Hi anyone have the same experience and pls advise ?? 

I have bough a C560 i7 all in one system last year Aug 2016. Begining of this month the screen appeared with a 4mm line running across the screen vertically. I called to the services  Center (where is located in malaysia) . I was so pleased initally that the customer services rep called immediately  day after my called to the services Center.  A repair man being send to my house one week later to do the repair and the condition of the screen turn from bad to worst n the system totally black out. To cut the story short , the services Center and the repair guy email me and agree under good will to do a 1 to 1 replacement of the set if not the same but at lease compatable. After 1 week plus of investigation and the customer service  agreed to do a replacement for AIO PC INTEL CORE I5-5200U4GB 1TB HDD . Beside the same  memory on board n hard disk capacity of 1TB they downgraded the process from i7 to i5 and called it a compatable set??? Do anyone have the same experience? ? Any one can advise or share the similar  experience  and  how should I go from here to claim my right or what contact number I can call to get my set back as it is down for almost 3 weeks??  Pls help and advise ? Very much appreciated !! 

Former Administrator
Views: 313
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unfair 1 to 1 replacement by Lenovo

Jacob,

Welcome to the forum.   Sorry to hear about your experience so far !

In the event that Lenovo cannot repair a system under warranty, a replacement may be offered and the intent is that it should be equal or better than the system that it replaces in all the key specifications.  I understand and appreciate your concern over the downgrade in processor specifications.

I would contact service and let them know that you don't agree, and ask for the case to be escalated.  We have regional Lenovo teams that can review the situation and work with you to find a resolution.

If you are not able to escalate through service, please send me a private message with your name, best phone number to reach you, and the system type and serial number and any service case number that you have.   I'll try to arrange additional help for you.

Best regards,

Mark

Jacobtan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 249
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unfair 1 to 1 replacement by Lenovo

Hi Mark , 

I have received  a reply from the manager from the service center day after I  posted in the forum.  She had proposed a AIO 700-24ISH set replacement.  Since under the specifications it is a i7 to i7 replacement I had accepted  the proposal . 2 days after the email I have wrote to ask when will the replacement take place and guess what she replied  me " 

The stock for the new model is not available in the market, and as such I have loaded this directly from our plant and this may take up to 2-3 weeks." Is this the normal practice for lenovo to take such a long time to get the set replace? The set has been down almost 40 days till now ? Is there any way  u could help  me to escalate the process please ?? 

You can email directly  to me if you can as currently I can only access the email via my mobile phone.  

Many thanks in advance and looking forward  to hear from you soon. 

Thx n Regds  

Jacob 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals