Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDSQ
Paper Tape
Views: 457
Message 1 of 2

Upgrading Lenovo S510 Tower RAM & Graphics

Good day,

I working on upgrading my Lenovo S510 Tower, both RAMs (from 4GB to 16GB) and graphic card (from Intel® Integrated Graphics to GeForce GTX 1050). I tried to get the motherboard details from the System Information but it says "not available". The system breif details are in this link (i5-6500 Processor). Having said that, I would like to know the following details before I proceed:

- What is the compatible RAM speed ? (2133MHz or 2400MHz)

- Will the graphic card in this link considered to be compatible ?

- Do I need to upgrade the power supply, or the existing will work just fine?

Please advise.

Thank you

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 137
Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgrading Lenovo S510 Tower RAM & Graphics

The specs show that it has a 180w supply, not enough for a GTX 1050 / Ti.  As it does show GT 720 as an factory option, then the GT 1030 DDR5 will work.  Be sure to get the DDR5 version, and one short enough for the slot, this Gigabyte is a good choice for those reasons (and low-profile will work for SFF models):  Gigabyte GV-N1030D5-2GL.   Go to Kingston and Crucial to look for memory upgrade options for your specific model. 

update:  I didn't notice the date on the request until after I posted the reply -- my apologies, I don't spend much time on this sub-forum ..  But since I did the research, it didn't make sense to delete it -- it may help other owners. 

f-s510 spec.png

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals