Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrake
Paper Tape
Views: 480
Message 1 of 3

VGA Monitor stays in Standby after wake up from sleep

I have a 300-20ISH Desktop PC running Windows 10 in 64 bit mode with a VGA monitor and an HDMI monitor connected to the motherboard. All was fine until my Intel Graphics driver was updated. After this the VGA monitor failed to wake up after sleep. I spent some time several months ago with assistance of the Intel support forum investigating this. It happens even if I run with the HDMI monitor disconnected. I tried numerous versions of the Intel drivers, but the only version that works after 4300 is 4424. I decided to try periodically to see whether newly released drivers have solved the problem, so have just downloaded the latest drivers from the Intel site and from the Lenovo site and found that they still have this problem. I can reinstate the 4424 driver if it gets inadvertantly updated, but would like to think that someone at Intel recognises that there is a problem and is looking to provide a new version that repairs it. Is there any feedback to Intel from this support forum to initiate this process?

Admin note; serial number replaced with system type to avoid possible abuse

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 406
Message 2 of 3

Re: VGA Monitor stays in Standby after wake up from sleep

Hi wrake,

I would like to ask if you have already checked if the system has the latest BIOS version. By the way you can use KB3073930 to hide any driver update from windows.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
wrake
Paper Tape
Views: 393
Message 3 of 3

Re: VGA Monitor stays in Standby after wake up from sleep

Thanks. Upgrading the BIOS seemed to work. After the upgrade, I updated to the latest graphics driver version accessed via Lenovo (Version 4551). This worked, so I then used device manager to find the latest version and updated to this (Version 4574). This also worked.

Top Kudoed Authors