Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imammedo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,826
Message 1 of 6

Where is Lenovo Beacon Storage GPL Source code

Looking at firmware Beacon Storage is based on i686 build of Fedora 16. However it ships modified kernel, mplayer, XBMC and e.t.c. components. Legally Lenovo is obliged to release source code for modified GLP components but I can't find any link to modified source code. 

So here goes a question:

Where can I find a link to modified GLP source code that lenovo ships with Beacon Storage.

nurtekin429
Punch Card
Views: 1,747
Message 2 of 6

Re: Where is Lenovo Beacon Storage GPL Source code

Hi,

thecus N2520 has similar firware and spec I think you can find gpl there

http://www.thecus.com/product.php?PROD_ID=87

Highlighted
imammedo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,735
Message 3 of 6

nurtekin429,

Similar doesn't mean the same and regardless of similarity Lenovo is obliged to publish changes to GPL licensed code ti ships in firmware.
nurtekin429
Punch Card
Views: 1,676
Message 4 of 6

You have to provide us the at least the source code. 

I have send a mail to 

license-violation@gnu.org

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,662
Message 5 of 6

I am looking into this along with the recovery image sofware. If you have an urgent need for this you could contact support and ask them to supply it to you and should that fail please let me know your support case number.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,610
Message 6 of 6

For those who need it you may download the open source code (791MB zip file) by using the following link;

https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/beacon_osc.zip

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals