Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 379
Message 1 of 3

Why is it so hard to download Lenovo software???

In preparation for a possible re-install of Windows 10 (64-bit) on a Lenovo Stick 300, I attempted to download the SystemInterfaceFoundation and the LenovoSolutionCenter (32- & 64-bit).  I wanted to do this on my normal, non-Lenovo desktop, where I would save the files for later use.

1. Clicking on the direct download links gave a server error.

2. So, I attempted to mark the three files for download, and download that way.  That required the installation of the LenovoSystemBridge.  Why?  It wanted to gather all the information about my download system, which is NOT the Lenovo system of interest.  I installed it anyway.

3. OK, the download of the SystemInterfaceFoundation went fine, and then the downloads hung.  So, I "uninstalled" the LenovoSystemBridge, but that left a bunch of files in C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Apps.  That's not what "uninstall" means to most people.

4. OK, thinking that this had to be done on the Lenovo stick, I tried the same thing (including the LenovoSystemBridge install).  Same result, except called "network error".

jh34
Punch Card
Views: 367
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why is it so hard to download Lenovo software???

I just got my Stick 300 last week. Solution Center prompted me to download and update to the newest version last week the first time I clicked it. Installed no problem. 

Today I click from the front page of the support page for it to automatically determine my system and it prompted me to download Service Bridge and that installed no problem. 

Then I just clicked the icon for Companion that was on the PC, which is System Interface Foundation, and that prompted me to download and install the newest version. That installed OK , BUT it is freezing when I use it. It will run the Optimize, but when I click some of the stuff on the left , it freezes so I just X out of it. 

The only thing that I downloaded right from the download page was the BIOS update, and that downloaded with no problem. The other three things, as described above, I did not download from the download, page, I did them when I was prompted to. 

DeanGibson
Token Ring
Views: 337
Message 3 of 3

SOLVED: Why is it so hard to download Lenovo software???

As of today (and I didn't check earlier), the files are there and easily downloaded.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals