Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks Knowledge Base

User Icons and Profiles double in a system running Omnipass Authentication - Lenovo 3000 N100

Symptoms

My 3000 N100 (0768 - A49 running Vista Business) did a curious thing after a Windows update. It created 2 sets of user icons. In other words, it created an identical duplicate set of the original 2 user profiles/icons that I created (one for admin, the other for daily use), so that when I log on, the screen displays 4 user icons instead of just the original 2. As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter which set I use to log on with, because the computer environment where I end up seems to be right and I see no difference.

Diagnosis

This issue has been identified with system with Omnipass authentication software and  installation of MS Windows update KB938979 can create these symptoms.

Solution

If your Lenovo system runs Omnipass,it is suggested that you install all the latest updates.

Additionally, the double icon symptoms have also been linked to Microsoft hotfix KB938979.

See related article on our support site.

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Delete