Options

116 Posts

07-04-2009

Connecitcut

112 Signins

1033 Page Views

• Views: 1033
  • Message 1 of 3

Bizarre Video Card Issue? Still under warranty, very displeased with Lenovo - Ideapad V470

2011-12-01, 2:42 AM

This Lenovo of mine, the Ideapad V470, is a replacement of a replacement of a replacement through Lenovo--during that period multiple walk-in and out-sourced repairs were required on a ThinkPad Edge 14. (The process took over a year and a half). 

Flash forward to today, on my V470, which has been running completely fine since day 1. (Which could not be said about the Edge 14), I close the laptop, put it in my bag, open it up (it never shut-down, just sleep).and I come to this...

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/3588kkj.jpg[/IMG]

I am baffled, the only other time I've seen this is when my old Rosewill graphics card on my Compaq Presario (600MHz beast back in the day) started to die on me.

I know this has to be hardware related and not software because the distortion is prevalent on the Bios screen and the Splashlogo when booting.

The forum backround is a bright Cyan as I am writing this.

The red lines you see are fast moving pixels, that are continually shifting and moving, although maintaining the basic shape you see there. The laptop is only 3 months old or so, not even, I have the worst luck with computers!!!!!!

Also I have not dropped in, or spilled liquid on it. The only trip it took was a 15 minute car ride to my house from my fiances. This is ridiculous.

I'm *hoping* that perhaps flashing bios might fix the issue, but I highly highly highly doubt that...I'm going to wait on some input before doing so anyways.

Mod edit:  Changed pic to link per forum rules.  50K limit on pics

Options

116 Posts

07-04-2009

Connecitcut

112 Signins

1033 Page Views

• Views: 1033
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Bizarre Video Card Issue? Still under warranty, very displeased with Lenovo - Ideapad V470

2011-12-01, 2:43 AM
Ignore the "morning star" in the corner, it isn't an impact site, it's just the flash from my camera.
Options

4288 Posts

01-22-2010

United States of America

38653 Signins

581641 Page Views

• Views: 581641
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Bizarre Video Card Issue? Still under warranty, very displeased with Lenovo - Ideapad V470

2011-12-01, 3:53 AM

Hi Ishbar,

Can you hook it up to an external monitor and see if it's the same?

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms