Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-26-2009

USA

5 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 2

Boot Problem - Blue Screen and System Restarts on XP Pro OS

2009-06-26, 16:24 PM

I have a 3000 N100 0768-E5U notebook.  I had it configured for triple boot (Vista/XP/Ubuntu Linux) which was working fine.

On Monday, June 22,2009, I was running an application and the process was hung.  I killed the process and when I restarted the notebook, it complained files in /user/AppData/Local was invalid.  I then used chkdsk /r to repair the data.  Sine then, I have not been able to log into XP partition.  I still have Vista and Linux partition working.  When I tried to boot into XP, the blue screen comes up and the computer restarts itself.  I issued chkdsk /r on XP partition but it did not fix the problem.  As a last resort, I tried to to do a clean install of XP, but it comes back with incompatibility issue because I have a Vista OS installed. I tried uninstalling the Vista bootloader, and tried to boot from XP CD, but for some unknown reason, I am not able to boot off of the CD.  The BIOS settings are to boot from 1. CD/DVD, 2. HDD, and 3. LAN. in that order.  However, I can not boot off from CD drive.  Does anyone have an idea of fixing this issue?  When I originally set up the triple boot system, I had Vista installed first bacause the system came with Vista OS, and I was able to install XP.  But now, I am having some sort of compatibility issue which is very puzzling to me.  One thing I noticed was that I had upgraded the Vista to SP2 after XP was installed, but I am not sure if it makes any difference on the XP installation procedure.  Can someone show me how to debug the problem?...

Any help with this issue is appreciated.

Options

10 Posts

06-27-2009

Canada

10 Signins

320 Page Views

• Views: 320
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Boot Problem - Blue Screen and System Restarts on XP Pro OS

2009-06-27, 3:38 AM

What kind of incompatibility issues?

How far does the xp installation get?

What do you mean by 'uninstalling the vista bootloader'?

It seems very unusual that you can't boot from the CD anymore. Maybe double check the boot priority again, or have CD as the only boot option?

I can make XP BSOD and Reboot on my V200 by setting the SATA mode to AHCI. *no floppy = no F6 driver installation

I can't recall how VISTA reacted to setting SATA to AHCI.

Let me know how it turns out.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms