Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

05-07-2008

USA

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 3

Fingerprint reader reads, gives error message

2008-05-21, 22:37 PM
I'm running XP on my 3000 N200. When I set up a wireless network I changed the name of my computer to something a little more manageable. Next log-on, the fingerprint reader squawked about the name change. I tried to re-educate it but couldn't. Finally changed the name back to the original. Now the reader recognizes my prints but then gives an error message and won't log me on. Password works okay.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling. No luck. Can anyone help with this? Also, is there some way I can change the computer name without giving the reader a heart attack?

PRA
Answer
Options

3 Posts

06-20-2008

Germany

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40

Re: Fingerprint reader reads, gives error message

2008-06-20, 20:16 PM
I have deleted all my old fingerprints by pressing "delete all" in the program and it worked. Check also your settings in fingerprint software.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

3 Posts

06-20-2008

Germany

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 2 of 3

2008-06-20, 20:16 PM
I have deleted all my old fingerprints by pressing "delete all" in the program and it worked. Check also your settings in fingerprint software.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

5 Posts

05-07-2008

USA

6 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 3 of 3

2008-06-20, 21:23 PM
Thank you! I think if the fingerprint files had become corrupted, deleting and reentering them would probably fix the problem.  My problem turned out to be the program itself. The one that had been shipped with my computer didn't work properly. I downloaded a new AuthenTec file from Lenovo, uninstalled the old program (Control Panel/Add or Remove Software/Lenovo Fingerprint Software) and installed the new one. Now it works.

If you change your computer name, you have to remove and reinstall the AuthenTec program, then reboot the machine.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)