Options

21 Posts

08-25-2020

IN

16 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 1 of 3

Is there any problem if I always plug in my laptop while using it ?

2020-10-29, 12:40 PM

Lenovo V110 - 15ISK

Solved! See the solution
Options

12058 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7112 Signins

743024 Page Views

• Views: 743024
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Is there any problem if I always plug in my laptop while using it ?

2020-10-29, 13:37 PM

Hi Harsh Verma,

Greetings.

Not really.

It is also suggested specially in heavy usage to have it plugged in ac to enjoy full performance capacity without stressing the battery.

This would help prolong battery life.

Newer battery firmware also prevents overcharging so it would only charge while battery level drops to 95% preventing 100% and likewise lower drain levels.

On the hardware manual (page 22):

" Battery charging does not start until the Power Meter shows that less than 95% of the total power remains; under this condition the battery pack can charge to 100% of its capacity. This protects the battery pack from being overcharged or from having a shortened life."

Operational battery usage is at 20-80 % is ideal and prevent deep cycles of recharge and discharge that lengthens the battery life.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3375 Posts

12-22-2008

CA

12380 Signins

178370 Page Views

• Views: 178370
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Is there any problem if I always plug in my laptop while using it ?

2020-10-29, 14:42 PM

@ Harsh Verma wrote:

Is there any problem if I always plug in my laptop while using it ? Lenovo V110 - 15ISK

If you leave a system plugged in for extended periods of time at more than 80% of full charge you will reduce the service life of the battery. 

The best way to extend the service life of a Li-Ion battery such as used in your V110 - 15ISK is to keep the battery charged between about 40% and 70%. Lenovo has a feature called Conservation Mode that will do that for you automatically. It's available in Lenovo Vantage or Energy Manager depending on model. 

Of course if you use your system often or mostly on battery you may need to charge it higher than 80%. That's a tradeoff between maximizing system usage on a battery charge and extending battery service life. That's a decision only you can make.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete