Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

10-16-2008

Poland

13 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 1 of 6

Keyboard Usb problem

2008-10-30, 9:24 AM
Hello I have lenovo 3000 N100 notebook and I have a problem witch my USB when I use my keyboard - my USB thurned off and in fiew second turned on it's creazy when I'm making recovering system it' shows something like this: "...Usb divice is not showe on source list make sure thet device is conectet to computer than restart your computer" What can I do witch that maby someone have some ideas Thanks
Options

1 Posts

12-02-2008

Canada

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Keyboard Usb problem

2008-12-02, 14:52 PM

I am having the same problem. I will try to summarize my experience and why this is a big deal for me:

I am using a Lenovo 3000 series N100 0768-e2u laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate SP1.

It seems that whenever I hit any key on my keyboard the power on all of my USB ports cut out for a split second while any key is pushed.

I would never have noticed this except I have just purchased a Western Digital "My Passport Elite" external 320 gb usb hard drive. This hard drive can only be powered from the USB port (there is no AC power cable). The hard drive has an LED indicator that lights when the unit is powered. 

My observation is as follows:

When I connect it to the laptop’s usb port (any of the ports) it powers and the hard drive is detected by the computer (i.e. It appears in  Computer and a drive letter is assigned to the hard drive and it can be explored) provided I only use my mouse to do the clicking around. If I create a directory folder on the drive and try to type a name (any keyboard key pressed) the LED on the hard drive shuts off for the split second I am pressing a key on the key pad, which caused the hard drive to reset. Even if I am working on something else with the hard drive connected the same problem occurs. I don't believe it is the operating system or a driver problem because after discovering it was the keypad causing the usb port to cut off power, I tried rebooting my computer and during the boot up process the same problem occurs (l.E. during boot power is sent to the USB port causing the led on my hard drive to appear, but as soon as I press a keypad key the light shut off while I pressed the key causing the hard drive to reset). 

To try to fix the problem I have tried:

- installing BIOS software from 3.10 to 3.12 and now currently using 3.12 software that actually displays as bios version is 2.06).

- installing the Improved USB device detection software osfl03ww.exe

- installing the power management software- installing system update software

- installing system interface driver 

I have searched the forum and searched Western Digital for an answer but have had no success, but I believe it is a bios or motherboard problem based on my research. If there is anyone that can help it would be very much appreciated. 

Message Edited by rimorris on 12-02-2008 10:42 AM
Message Edited by rimorris on 12-02-2008 10:46 AM
Message Edited by rimorris on 12-02-2008 10:47 AM
Options

10 Posts

10-16-2008

Poland

13 Signins

97 Page Views

• Views: 97
  • Message 3 of 6

2008-12-03, 8:28 AM
Thanks my friend for the answer as you writen I have the same symptoms I bealive that must be some solutions for that problem I didn't find jet but if I find something I will let you know so far i using another keyboard conected via usb
Options

7 Posts

12-18-2008

USA

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 4 of 6

2008-12-18, 20:24 PM

I have the same exact problem on my N100, running Windows Vista Business.

ALL of the USB ports power off, when I press or hold any key on the keyboard. As soon as the key is let go, the USB ports power back on. 

Options

7 Posts

12-18-2008

USA

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 5 of 6

2009-02-28, 19:21 PM

Anyone found the solution to this problem yet?

First the battery goes bad and does not charge, the internal speakers never turn off, the USB ports don't work when using keyboard.

No wonder my entire university of over 34,000 students is moving to Macbooks and dumping their lenovo's in the surplus actions. 

Options

24 Posts

03-06-2009

croatia

4 Signins

285 Page Views

• Views: 285
  • Message 6 of 6

2009-03-06, 22:32 PM
Just one usb port is real one that on the left side try use that one alone without anyone else usb port . Try plug keybord in that one 
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms