Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-25-2014

Philippines

6 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 11 of 19

Re: Laptop shuts off while gaming and plugged in.

2014-10-14, 6:10 AM

Same to me man, in my observation, it's not on the workload or activity you're doing on your laptop, I think when the power supply start to heat up, that's the time the shutting down starts.

I suggest try to borrow power supply to your friends, just make sure that the volts, amphere and adapter head are the same.

Goodluck man! :smileyhappy:

Options

44 Posts

03-06-2012

Serbia

133 Signins

662 Page Views

• Views: 662
  • Message 12 of 19

2014-10-14, 14:41 PM

Yeah it sounds like a quick and relatively cheap fix. Try what Meck22 suggested, find a friend that has the same type of a charger and test it out. If it works out order a new one from Lenovo.

Even tho i had a completly different problem than you guys, when i sent it in for warranty, my reseller told me it was voided and i had no waranty rights because some of my screw on the bottom maintainance hatch were visibly fiddled with.
After proving to them that Lenovo made those screws so we as customers infact can unscrew them if necessary because of the Customer Replacable Units, i got an independent third person audit on my lap top from a local Lenovo distribution center here and they were forced to refund me. Got myself a new ThinkPad Edge E540, and so far i'm really happy with it. Tho this is highly of topic.

TL;DR Borrow a charger, test it out if it works get a new one, the rest of the post is a personal rant :)

Good luck mate.

Options

7 Posts

11-21-2013

USA

22 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 13 of 19

2014-10-15, 2:50 AM
I'm having the same problem with my Z510, and not just when gaming. For example, just now I powered on my laptop (it was placed on the charger a couple of hours ago to charge) and I powered it up. I had just hit enter after inputting my password for Windows and it made a zap sound and shut down. I was just reaching to unplug my charger, too.

I've noticed an error popup when plugging in my charger that more or less says my charger isn't powerful enough to provide a charge. I've changed my power settings to power saving mode and it still happens. My laptop and charger are both less than 12 months old (it's the factory charger), both are cool to the touch, my fans kick in when first powering on my laptop so I know they work. I have no idea what else I can do to stop this.
Options

44 Posts

03-06-2012

Serbia

133 Signins

662 Page Views

• Views: 662
  • Message 14 of 19

2014-10-15, 5:28 AM
You could try with someone else's charger, if one of your friends/classmates/colleagues has the same laptop that would be the safest bet. Borrow it and test if the issue persists. If the charger or battery is faulty not much can be done but replacing it. I'm in some heavy trafic right now and on mobile so i can't check but i imagine genuine Lenovo chargers can't be that expensive, but it has to be worth the investment.
Take care, best of luck.
Options

17 Posts

10-06-2014

Philippines

38 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 15 of 19

2014-10-15, 10:49 AM

Z510 and Z410 are very similar model the difference is touchscreen, Even what i do like things that does not require more processing it still shutsdown with the charger plugged in, and i made an experiment today, i charged it 1st before using then i used it with battery it does not shutdown at all even at gaming, My fellow students has same models to mine, i just need to wait until sembreak is over to borrow or i should go to get it repaired my warranty is still available, I dont know but i tried something once i used system restore when it shutsdown and some fix the problem momentarly (sorry for  bad english)

Options

17 Posts

10-06-2014

Philippines

38 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 16 of 19

2014-10-16, 6:11 AM
Anyone give this a try? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkShReHut3U
Options

1 Posts

02-25-2015

Philippines

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 17 of 19

2015-02-25, 1:08 AM

I have the same problem. I have lenovo g40-70. Before when i play games (even when plugged in) it really works fine. But after few months, when i play games while plugged in, it shuts off like nothing happened. but when i play games while on battery, it really works fine. Until now, i haven't solve the problem and i'm too lazy to bring my laptop to a warranty center because i'll leave my laptop there about for a week and i always use my laptop for my school. :( 

Options

7 Posts

11-21-2013

USA

22 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 18 of 19

2015-02-25, 20:20 PM

wrote:
Anyone give this a try? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkShReHut3U

Sorry to revive this thread from beyond the grave, but I am still experiencing this issue.  I am not a big fan of disabling my processors and risking my system's stability in order to be able to use my laptop while on the charger.

I have been unsuccesful in finding someone who has a compatible Lenovo charger, but considering how common this issue pops up on the internet I'm not suspecting a hardware issue.  I'm leaning towards a driver issue, but which driver?  I don't know.  I especially do not want to spend $50+ on a Lenovo charger that may not even fix the issue.  My laptop periodically displays an error about my charger not being compatible or a recognized charger or something to the effect, but it's the Lenovo charger that came with my Lenovo laptop that I purchased directly from Lenovo, so it better be compatible and recognized.  

I'm wondering if anybody has had any luck with this issue that doesn't involve disabling active processors.  If a new charger corrected it then that's what I'll do, but I'm not thinking the charger is the issue.

Options

12 Posts

07-15-2015

India

13 Signins

132 Page Views

• Views: 132
  • Message 19 of 19

2017-05-19, 19:11 PM

was your problem sorted out???

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)