Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

11-10-2013

Canada

9 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo 3000 N100 running Vista - Keyboard locks up!

2013-11-21, 16:16 PM

Hi everyone! 

I bought this laptop (used) a couple of weeks ago, with no user manual.  I'm still getting used to it and ironing out some bugs.  (I'm pretty sure I've sorted out the touchpad problem (cursor would jump all over the place), by installing Synaptics driver.)   

Now I am having a problem with the keyboard locking up when I type very quickly.  I thought I might be accidentally hitting some keystroke combination, since the keyboard configuaration is slightly different than what I was previously using, but I can't figure out what that keystroke combination might be. 

When the keyboard locks up, the external mouse still works, so I can use the mouse to properly shut down the system.  When I shut down (re-boot) the keyboard comes back.
 I haven't found anything online or in any forums that might offer a solution as to:
a) what keystrokes might I be typing that would cause the keyboard to lock?
b) are there any keystrokes or hot keys I can use to unlock the keyboard once it's locked (without having to re-boot)?

c) is there another cause or solution?

One thread here seems to be identical to my problem.  Unfortunately, it got really technical and so far over my head, I couldn't understand where they were going or if they actually arrived at a solution.  http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Keyboard-mouse-system-freezup-on-N100-running-Vista/td-p/688

Anybody out there who has any ideas or can help?  I'm pretty good at basic stuff, but some things are beyond my knowldege & capabilities.  If it's something that requires more know-how than I have, I probably can bring the machine back to the shop where I bought it.  Pretty sure he's a good enough guy that he'd do the work for me. 

Thanks in advance,

Dorothy

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 running Vista - Keyboard locks up!

2013-11-21, 16:30 PM

hi griffraser,

Have you tried checking the problem if it occur under "Safemode"?

Try Disabling all keyboard features in windows

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

11-10-2013

Canada

9 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 running Vista - Keyboard locks up!

2013-11-22, 15:26 PM

Hi Solid Cruver:

No, I haven't tried safe mode.  I think that might be a little beyond my technical capabilities, and I'm not sure it would be a good check, since this seems to be an intermittent problem - mainly when I'm typing really fast. 

I'm not sure it has anything to do with the keys, so I'm reluctant to try disabling anything on the keyboard.  (I do like to use some short-cut keys.) 

It seems to be the same problem as someone else was having previously.  If you click on the link in my first message, you can read that thread.  It describes my problem EXACTLY.  Unfortunately, the conversation got so technical that I got lost and couldn't follow it.  I was hoping someone else might have the expertise to understand if this other person's problem did get resolved, and maybe they could give me the solution.

In the meantime, if I reboot, the keyboard unlocks.  And I also discovered that if I just press the on/off key, shut down, then press the key again and restart, the same pa ge comes back up again with keyboard unlocked, so I don't lose my work. 

Thanks for your suggestions!

Dorothy

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms