11-06-2008

Albany, NY

4 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo 3000 V100 Battery and Wireless DO NOT RESPOND

2008-11-06, 18:28 PM

My Lenovo 3000 V100 shut the system off as I unplugged the laptop, all of a sudden, and the battery never worked again. The Control Panel used to say it was charged to 100%, yet the system would not read it. I tried switching off the computer for a while, turning it on again for the "surge" topic, it did not work. I asked someone who knows about computers to see to the probable missing BIOS: that did not work either for some reason. After some time, the control panel indicated that the battery had reached the 3% critic charge.

This happened already a month ago or so. I had to work with AC current all the time, making things rather difficult. To make things worse, one week ago the wireless built-in antenna stopped working, also, all of a sudden, making the laptop totally unreliable and useless for my research type of work and my teaching which requires a lot of online work.

I have had this laptop for no more than one year and a half. The warranty is over now... Actually, while under warranty, the DVD unit failed totally and it was eventually replaced.

I bought LENOVO following advise of someone who knows these machines well and he said they were sturdy and reliable. I consider I paid a considerable amount of money compared to other brands I could have got for much less. I have treated the laptop with care, I do not drop it, hit it, or leave it lying around with things on top, and I was extremely careful reading the guides, troubleshooting etc etc before using it.

I bought this LENOVO via BEST BUY, in Yonkers, and it was sent to me by post all the way from California.

It seems difficult to get response from customer support about this. Was my choice of computer brand so wrong? Is there anything that LENOVO could advise to help out?

I have tried the battery recall and the battery code is not recognized. Had I known that the laptop had such a short life span I would have not invested my money there...

Thanks for your advise and comments,

Lines

Options

144 Posts

03-16-2008

Indonesia

65 Signins

3446 Page Views

• Views: 3446
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 V100 Battery and Wireless DO NOT RESPOND

2008-11-09, 1:24 AM

Lines, it would be better to get a new battery. Search online with battery FRU number or call Lenovo to purchase from Lenovo.

I would suggest you buy a wireless usb adapter too which won't cost much more than the headache. 

It's not the brand, batteries can be unpredictable, as any electronic product can be. I had been using my laptop for last 2 years and it has been doing perfectly fine as it was when i got it; except for the battery which was battery manufacturer's problem i guess.

Dh.

3000 N100-0768DKU
XP Home 5.01.2600 SP2
Ubuntu 8.04(hardy)
Options

2 Posts

11-06-2008

Albany, NY

4 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo 3000 V100 Battery and Wireless DO NOT RESPOND

2008-11-10, 0:35 AM

Thanks Dh.

The friend who saw my laptop actually gave me one USB Wireless adaptor, and this has helped using the Internet again.

Would the failure of the wireless have something to do with the battery failure? Does the lack of battery affect the system at all?

Thanks!

Lines

Message Edited by Lines on 11-09-2008 04:36 PM
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete