Options

116 Posts

07-04-2009

Connecitcut

112 Signins

1033 Page Views

• Views: 1033
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo V series Simultaneous Keyboard / Trackpad issues.

2011-09-23, 1:14 AM

So after over a year and a half of attempting to get Lenovo to replace my Thinkpad Edge 14 I finally decided enough was enough, and was able to get myself an Ideapad again. I had the Y510 two-three years back, and it was / still is a fantastic device! However, the specifications are old, and any upgradeable hardware is bottlenecked by an old integrated card.

Anyways, I now am the owner of a V470, and it's a very very sleek looking device, the speakers are alright (they certainly can't compare to my Y510 Dolby with Sub), but the most desirable feature is the 1GB nVidea 525M discrete graphics.

So I fire it up, load something simple: Minecraft. 

Then it happened. Do my hands deceive me? How can it be that the Keyboard CANNOT operate at the same time as the Trackpad?

I press and hold W to go forward, attempt to turn: I get nothing. I stop holding down W, Trackpad use resumes as normal. Im moving the cursor around to ensure fluid directional movement, everything works here...then I press W to start moving, while still moving the cursor: I get nothing.

I want to know if this is 1 of 3 things.

1. A driver issue. The easiest fix, of course, but it doesn't stop the issue from being any less annoying up until that point. (Although all my Windows updates are good...so I'm fearing the solution will not be so easy.)

2. A hardware issue. Somehow, perhaps in the assembly of this unit, something isn't connected right or something wasn't soldered during the motherboard fabrication (although it's all pcs doing the micro assembly...so I doubt the latter). This would require me to deal with returning a computer to Lenovo, YET AGAIN, however I am willing to make the sacrifice in time because I am very pleased with all other functionality in retrospect to it's former unit.

3. A design flaw that cannot be rectified. This is the most likely scenario, and the one I am hoping is not the case. However if it is, can anyone give recommendations of IdeaPad series laptops that have Discrete graphics (at least an nVidia 525M or ATI equivalent) which can have simultaneous Trackpad / Keyboard use?

I just can't comprehend as to WHY such a function would be intentionally removed, what's the point of a laptop if I have to tether a mouse every time I want to game. -.-

Solved! See the solution
Options

116 Posts

07-04-2009

Connecitcut

112 Signins

1033 Page Views

• Views: 1033
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo V series Simultaneous Keyboard / Trackpad issues.

2011-09-23, 1:33 AM
This thread can be closed. It was Palm Check, for WHATEVER reason it was on, -.-

It's a great feature...if you don't game, however since gaming > worrying about accidentally hitting the trackpad with my palm, this does not fly.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

13866 Posts

12-07-2009

Czech Republic

9007 Signins

170449 Page Views

• Views: 170449
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo V series Simultaneous Keyboard / Trackpad issues.

2011-09-23, 9:22 AM

Due to my absence, I may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms