Options

3 Posts

10-07-2019

DE

7 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 2

New Lenovo V340-17IWL just shuts down after opening some programs...

2019-10-07, 20:16 PM

“Lenovo V340-17IWL 81RG000HGE 17,3" Full HD IPS, Intel i7-8565U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GeForce MX230, Windows 10 Pro”

Hello Lenovo Forums,

I just bought this new Lenovo V340 to work, and as soon as I unpacked it, powered it on, and installed my first piece of software, the computer shut down as soon as said software was opened. 

The software are in question is Ableton Live 10. As soon as it is opened, the computer starts running its fans and then just shuts down. I have done hardware checks, and it everything is coming up clean.

Just to check, I installed an older version of Ableton Live (9.7.5), and it works flawlessly, even when taking up 80% of the CPU (with fans running) with many tracks and plugins. As it is original software, I figure it’s a hardware issue.

Then I needed Adobe Photoshop, so I downloaded and installed the demo directly from Adobe. After installation, I opened the software, and again there was a quick burst of the fans and then the computer just shut down.

Again, this is all official and original software, so I truly believe this is a hardware issue. Can anyone please help me out? What can I do? I really need both of these programs to work for my job, and they were the reason I needed to buy this new computer. I also bought an extended warranty when I bought it, just to be safe. 

Anyone have any ideas? I would greatly appreciate any replies! Thanks in advance!!! 

Options

3 Posts

10-07-2019

DE

7 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: New Lenovo V340-17IWL just shuts down after opening some programs...

2019-10-08, 12:02 PM

Contacted Lenovo Support and they told me to update all my drivers and BIOS, so I did. No change in the software performance at all. Still the same instant shut down after launch.

Can anyone please help me? I really need to get this to work!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms