Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

10-29-2008

Philippines

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 1 of 6

Power button non responsive

2008-10-29, 3:24 AM

hi all

I was wondering if anyone else exprienced this poroblem. I own a lenovo 3000 c200. When you press the power button it takes several press before the power light turns on. This is normally when on battery power when plugin the AC it occasionally still needs to be pressed several times beofre it powers on. When I several times some times a whole lot of times with each press lating maybe 3sec to 5mins.

after searching the forums there seems to be several that are related but not entirely the same. I was just wondering if someone already had it fixed and what it took to get done. If I get this serviced I just want to have an idea what they would be doing to the notebook

thanks 

Options

9 Posts

10-29-2008

Philippines

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

Re: Power button non responsive

2008-11-06, 3:57 AM

Hi all

As it turns out it was just a dirty power button. I removed the top cover and cleaned the contacts. Now my notebook works fine. Except for the standby mode in Linux :)

Just a reminder dont do this if you are still within waranty.

Options

8095 Posts

11-19-2007

United States of America

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 3 of 6

2008-11-06, 4:36 AM

prysm,

Good work!  Maybe you could elaborate a bit more for those who might encounter something like this, are out of warranty, and feel handy with a screw driver?

Did you notice any difference based on how long you held the power button?   I'm experimenting with an N200, working on a "no start" thread elsewhere.  Randomly, just quickly pressing the button will only result in a flicker from the front panel lights and then nothing.  However, pressing the button and counting "one Mississippi" seems to reliably start the unit every time.

Any observations on this before / after the cleaning?

Mark

Options

143 Posts

01-20-2008

Malaysia

154 Signins

1660 Page Views

• Views: 1660
  • Message 4 of 6

2008-11-06, 13:33 PM

Dear All / Mark,

I also facing this problem, I am using Lenovo Y410, the problem is also, need press some the system only can power on,  sometime, one press is power on, some time, need press 2 or 3 time then system can be power on.

Battery fullcharge / Plug-in AC also same.  It's start from i bought it untill now, also same. My laptop is now 6 month old.

Make need improve on power bottom sensitive i guess.....

Nicholas K.H.Chai
Malaysia
YM: ckhown
Options

64 Posts

10-04-2008

Croatia

86 Signins

1139 Page Views

• Views: 1139
  • Message 5 of 6

2008-11-07, 0:47 AM

Randomly, just quickly pressing the button will only result in a flicker from the front panel lights and then nothing.  However, pressing the button and counting "one Mississippi" seems to reliably start the unit every time.

My N200 works like this since new, for 18 months now, and never had any problems. 

Since most mobile phones power on similarly, I never thought that this is unusual.

Options

9 Posts

10-29-2008

Philippines

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2008-11-07, 5:02 AM

Hi all

When I bought my notebook. It was intermittent, I tought it was normal so I kept on using it.

A year later it has gotten worse. Initially I tought it was a battery issue, but after it has powered the battery still last 2hours. I also tought that the power button was running from RTC batteries, later decided that was not logical. Since my warranty was up, decided to remove the top cover. Lenovo site  provides a very clear way of doing this for the 3000 series. You need a screw driver to pry it off. I would recommend puting masking tape around the flat screw driver tip, just enough to cushion the plastics. I hate it when I send stuff for repair and see  scratches when I get it back.

The powerbutton was using a sealed surface mounted push button. There is enough room to let liguid through. I used a cotton bud diped in isoprophy alcohol and just pressed the switch with it to squeeze the alcohol into the switch. After that I just pressed it a few times to make sure the contacts recieved the alchohol. I then installed the battery ,pressed the button it power right up. So far it powers right up and I no longer need to wait.

I hope this helps others

prysm

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)