Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

12-26-2014

10 Signins

66 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

Random system beeps

2015-01-11, 5:16 AM

I tried seeing if I could find a solution, or more information, to random system beeps while using my N586 laptop. The beeps are single, and hapen while the system is already booted into, and operating in Window 8.x. I see that the G series and the Y series seem to have a similar problem. Like the Y series random beep, the beeps do not seem to be connected to any particular activity; I can be browsing the web or just playing MP3's while cooking or cleaning in the kitchen, (I have a desktop in my bedroom but, like to check my emails while having breakfast n such, before going to work and so have it on the kitchen table much of the time that I use it outside of work. No screen freezes, BSOD's or any other problems that I can tell of. the beeps just happen randomly, sometimes an hour or more apart or, even just a few minutes apart.

I tried switching my battery use profile, optimizing for longevity and, some other minor system tweaks but, nothing is changed - still beeps. I've upgraded the AMD APU, the RAM, the hard drive, and even upgraded the mini-PCIe wi-fi card... (now have Bluetooth 4.0+HS to go with the wi-fi), still beeping though.

Tech folks are "recommending" calling support for assistance on the other discussion threads, as they seem to believe it is a hardware issue, (Duh?) This laptop is nolonger under warrantee though (ended 2/14.) I bought it used so, I can't tell if it had the beeping issue before I got it and, I don't expect the eBay seller to admit it had this issue before he sold it to me. Other than the beeps though, it seems to work just fine. I just would like to know if it is something to be concerned about.

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Random system beeps

2015-02-19, 12:14 PM

Hi David_madison,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with random beep sound in your Lenovo N586 laptop.

As this model has 2 RAM slots, try to remove one by one RAM and check if there are beeps sound. If still the issue persists then please visit the nearest service center for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure

they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)