Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

31 Posts

04-03-2018

Poland

67 Signins

377 Page Views

• Views: 377
  • Message 611 of 625

Re:V510-15IKB Laptop Freeze

2021-05-17, 13:36 PM

After 3 years we got a reply from the admin. Kindly please acknowledge that THIS issue is not software related, it is hardware related. My laptop v310 has the same problem and the only solution is to downgrade bios to the 2WCN28RS (which was designed by service people in one of the supported country). It is outrageous that you say we should contact service. My laptop bricked once after the freeze and service replaced the motherboard with new MB.. and this new MB is also freezing! Now my guarantee is expired and I pray my laptop will not die again.I assure you that no more in my life will I buy lenovo product.

Options

11350 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26929 Signins

591638 Page Views

• Views: 591638
  • Message 612 of 625

2021-05-20, 15:07 PM

@ lar2 wrote:

Please explain how is the Digital Download Recovery Service (DDRS) related to the freezing problem and how to use it to solve the freezing problem.

It should rule out any software or drivers causing the machine to freeze. Even though downgrading the BIOS helps eliminate the behavior, none of the reports state that they have load the BIOS defaults after upgrading the BIOS and doing a clean install, which might help in such scenario. If you continue seeing the symptom even after loading the BIOS defaults and doing a clean installation of the OS, the service would need to take a closer look at these units.

@ lar2 wrote:

Unfortunately all the latest versions have stopped allowing downgrade, even if it is still as an option on the menu (why?), so there is no apparent solution to the freezing problem.

Some BIOS security fixes might prevent downgrading past a certain BIOS version. Why would in such case get the option removed or disabled from the BIOS? In case there are new BIOS versions coming out in the future, this option might still come in handy.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

5 Posts

12-06-2020

Italy

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 613 of 625

2021-05-21, 10:43 AM

Nobody can help me to update BIOS without windows? Currently, I cannot reinstall windows because I have BSoD with error "driver PNP watchdog". I think that part of this problem can be due to the BIOS version (in fact now I see UUID all equal to F).  

Thx in advance

Options

16 Posts

11-23-2016

Germany

26 Signins

332 Page Views

• Views: 332
  • Message 614 of 625

2021-05-21, 11:28 AM

I already installed Windows clean several times. Freezes remained with Windows driver, with driver from the Lenovo support site for the notebook or with latest driver from the manufacturer. Even lowering the max cpu performance as i posted did not help. Freezes came back probably it happens less often, not sure.

What does a Digital Download Recovery Service (DDRS) do beside installing the old Windows version as it was delivered and maybe setting Bios to default? I doubt the Bios will be downgraded and when not this is no solution as well.

Edit:

In case of new Bios versions coming...really?

"These resources are provided "in their respective current state" at the end of the product life and are not further updated by Lenovo."

Options

5 Posts

12-06-2020

Italy

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 615 of 625

2021-05-21, 12:27 PM
I think that BIOS is corrupted (UUID = FFFFFFFFFFFF) because for 1 year the PC remained without CMOS battery.
Options

11350 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26929 Signins

591638 Page Views

• Message 616 of 625

2021-05-21, 12:27 PM

@ KaiserOrn wrote:

Nobody can help me to update BIOS without windows? Currently, I cannot reinstall windows because I have BSoD with error "driver PNP watchdog". I think that part of this problem can be due to the BIOS version (in fact now I see UUID all equal to F).  

Thx in advance

@KaiserOrn there is no such BIOS package for the V510-15IKB to flash the BIOS outside of Windows.

@ JohnDorian wrote:

I already installed Windows clean several times. Freezes remained with Windows driver, with driver from the Lenovo support site for the notebook or with latest driver from the manufacturer. Even lowering the max cpu performance as i posted did not help. Freezes came back probably it happens less often, not sure.

If that is the case, have you already reached out to the service to have your machine diagnosed?

@ JohnDorian wrote:

Yes, really. Even though it as an almost 5 year old model and there are no new updates being released for it, you never know, right? Whatever it is, I still think it is better to have the option in the BIOS rather than removing it.

Juraj

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

5 Posts

12-06-2020

Italy

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 617 of 625

2021-05-21, 12:34 PM

Is there any solution to install Windows with all 0b1 value UUID? Currently, I installed Linux OS because any Windows (starting from win98 SE) return me the "driver PNP watchdog" error.

Options

9 Posts

08-16-2018

Czech Republic

15 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 618 of 625

2021-05-21, 12:44 PM

I'm beginning to think the system crashes are orchestrated from above. Today, after several trouble-free months, three, without any working or system changes...

Options

16 Posts

11-23-2016

Germany

26 Signins

332 Page Views

• Views: 332
  • Message 619 of 625

2021-05-21, 14:02 PM

@ Juraj_Lenovo wrote:

@ JohnDorian wrote:

If that is the case, have you already reached out to the service to have your machine diagnosed?

The warranty has expired for my device. It was used by my parents very rarely and they gave it to me so that is my bad luck i guess.

But perhaps you haven't seen the other comments about their experience with the service. Here are some:

@ flipwise wrote:

Here' a bit more confirmation that the service centers are clueless and a waste of time.

I' sent in my unit for the second time. They had the laptop in their possesion for exactly one month and to my unfortune the version 38 BIOS was released in that period. Updating the BIOS from version 37 to 38 was what took them a month to do and what was presented as a solution.

Of course the laptop froze on the first day I got it back. 

@ fatihmb wrote:

Lenovo agree that' an unsolvable issue. Technicians says it' a producing issue. That' why i' asked for refund and they did. Recently i' using V330-15IKB and there' no issue since i bought it. There' only one solution is ask for refund and buy a different model.

@ ampwizard wrote:

How is it possible that Lenovo are suprised every time one of us reports this problem to them? And how is it possible that they have no clue what the issue is? I' had my laptop 6 months now and in that time I' not had a working machine. It' been to their repair centre 4 times and the last two times they just ran their diagnostic tests (which don' test for our problem) and sent it back to me. In fact, on the last repair they ran the machine for a week and couldn' reproduce the problem (which is entirely consistent with the randomness of the issue). I urged them to keep it for longer but they wouldn' listen and sent it back to me. I managed to reproduce the freeze within 3 hours of getting it back.

Now some Lenovo support staff want to help me debug the issue by installing some HDD utility and running some standard tests. What is that going to achieve? The computer does not work in its factory default state. Therefore either none of these machines work, or it is a hardware issue with my machine and the repair centre engineers should have done all the testing they could to find the issue - it' not my job. They won' give me a time limit to all this debugging and "repairing" so it may be another 6 months that I have to live with a faulty computer. And then conveniently it will be out of warranty. Well I' not going to put up with that. I' taking it back to the shop in its frozen state and am demanding a refund. If you look at all these threads, that is the only known solution to this problem.

@ ampwizard wrote:

Forget about Lenovo support, they won' help you, they' only waste more of your time. After seven months of going back and forth with Lenovo support and 4 ridiculously pointless "repair" attempts they said that they' fly an engineer over from Germany to my house in the UK to fix the fault in front of me. They said that they accepted that the problem is intermittent and may not reproduce while the engineer is with me but that' the best they could do. Seven months of their engineers' and support staff' time is worth less to them than simply giving me a new laptop. That' how unbelievably stupid Lenovo' management is. If you have shares in the company you should sell them because these idiots are obviously going to go out of business soon.

Anyway, the good news is I resolved my problem in the end. Here' how. I took it back to the shop I bought it from in its frozen state and took the four repair reports with me. They agreed to let me exchange it for another laptop by a decent brand. I' done with Lenovo. So take it back to the shop or contact your online retailer and they should exchange it for you. If they give you an option of a different brand, obviously go for that as you do not want to deal with Lenovo support ever again.

@ Juraj_Lenovo wrote:

@ JohnDorian wrote:

Yes, really. Even though it as an almost 5 year old model and there are no new updates being released for it, you never know, right? Whatever it is, I still think it is better to have the option in the BIOS rather than removing it.

Exactly, better to have the option than to remove it because you never know. Why wasn't this handled the same way in the last bios then?

Edit:

Honestly, I appreciate you still showing up here and trying to have a conversation. But "the child has already fallen into the well" we say in germany. You can write if there is a serious solution from the company, or news regarding the bios. But we can skip the 1st level support questions please.

Options

11350 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26929 Signins

591638 Page Views

• Message 620 of 625

2021-05-21, 14:23 PM

Even if the machine is out of warranty, you can still ask the service for assistance. The service can't support you the same way as when the device is still within warranty, but they can conduct a repair (in case the spare parts for the model are still available) and charge you for it if you would agree with the approach proposed by the technicians.

@ JohnDorian wrote:

Exactly, better to have the option than to remove it because you never know. Why wasn' this handled the same way in the last bios then?

I'm not really sure what you mean by that? Was the option to rollback BIOS missing in the previous versions?

Juraj

_
_

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms