cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HOWTOOER
What's DOS?
Views: 254
Message 1 of 2

3 year old idea pad n585 not starting up.

I had this idea pad for 3 years already and I opened it up to clean up all the dust from the CPU, installed 6 gigabytes of ram, and wanted to replace my amd processor with an intel processor. But then I gave up doing one of them because the frame of my keyboard broke off and there was a screw that I was unable to take out. So when I put all the part back together, I gave it a rest. After its rest, I turned it on but the lights were not flashing or turning on; not even my screen turns on. I have tried many methods to make it work but it still won't start up. I told my parents about that and my mom said that our repair guy got fired from his job. Can anyone help me with this? If not, them I'm screwed and will need to wait when I get older to get a new one.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 246
Message 2 of 2

Re: 3 year old idea pad n585 not starting up.

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Since this all started after taking the laptop apart it is difficult to say where the problem might be.  I assume you never got far enough to swap the processor so that shouldn't be the problem. AMD and Intel processors aren't  interchangable.  You did say you installed memory.  Have you tried putting the old memory back in to see if the system boots up?

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors