Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sca_tt
Paper Tape
Views: 3,167
Message 1 of 5

3000 c200 questions bios and memory

Alright i have done alot of reading and just want to make sure that i am on the right track. i am looking to upgrade ram. the max i can go according to user guide is 2g total. so i was going to upgrade to 2x1g of ddr2 5300 667mhz so dimm 200 pin. look ok? does it matter what the voltage is? and can i go more than manufacturer recommended? memeory is not too expensive but if i can save some money and buy it from another seller other than the lenovo site i would like to.

also i updated my bios and when it finished it didnt restart, it just shut down. so i started iot up and went to check the version and it says 1.08, i think. i thought with the latest upgrade it was supposed to be 3.11

i am running xp

thanks

went in and bios shows 63et62ww (v1.08) even went through and reflashed, same thing. i made sure my wireless was disabled and norton was disabled. any ideas?

Message Edited by sca_tt on 11-23-2008 05:44 PM
sca_tt
Paper Tape
Views: 3,134
Message 2 of 5

Re: 3000 c200 questions bios and memory

anybody have any comments on this? just need some input
MightyTriby
Punch Card
Views: 3,114
Message 3 of 5

Sca_tt,

I have put 3gb of ram into my 3000 C200, and it works fine. My advice to you is, take out the stick of ram you have and take it down to your local computer store, not a retail type store, one that you can buy computer components from. Either that or take out the ram and get all the numbers etc from it and search the net to buy another stick. You can go 4gb of ram 2 x 2gb.

Because I have a 1.6Gb Celeron processor, I find that the processor max's out before the ram even kicks in. Yes increase your ram, it will make the notebook run a bit faster and be more stable, but ram can only do so much.

Since this is my first notebook, I just bought the most basic of computers, it didn't cost much, but I am finding it a bit slow now, will have to upgrade to a new notebook soon.

Hope this helps

MightyTriby

MightyTriby

Lenovo 3000 C200, 8922-A61. 3GB Ram.
Vista home Basic

Thunderbird, Openoffice, Mozilla, Songbird, AVI Player, Any Video Convertor, Ashampoo Burning Studio
sca_tt
Paper Tape
Views: 3,106
Message 4 of 5

thanks fro the reply. yeah my plan is to keep this untill may and then give it to my son, kind of as a graduation present from the 8th grade. get something alittle bigger and faster for me. but for now i did the same thing as you and bought a less expensive notebook. but going from a computer i bought in 1998 to this is night and day difference, bought this in 2007. and also getting broadband has made a huge difference. thanks for the info. i will check out the memory and go from there. i now that best buy has some 2gb kits on sale for 34$ thaat is 2x1gb sticks. any ideas on my bios?

thanks again

MightyTriby
Punch Card
Views: 3,072
Message 5 of 5

You cannot change the BIOS. When you put the RAM in, it will recognise it and use it, I think.

MightyTriby.

MightyTriby

Lenovo 3000 C200, 8922-A61. 3GB Ram.
Vista home Basic

Thunderbird, Openoffice, Mozilla, Songbird, AVI Player, Any Video Convertor, Ashampoo Burning Studio

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors