Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blaxis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 638
Message 1 of 3

65W problem

Hi guys I have 3000 n200 769 erg. The problem is my old ac adapter is dead. I bought new one but its 65w. Old adapter was 90w. Now the new still charges my laptop but i cant use touchpad or USB slots. Keyboard works. When I plug off ac adapter, everything is ok . so what can I do?

Can I force my laptop to use battery energy while charging?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 612
Message 2 of 3

Re: 65W problem

hi Blaxis,

It's ideal that you purchase the same identical AC adapter for your unit as some components may not function correctly due to insufficient power (like in your case, the Touchpad and USB ports are inoperable). If you can still return the 65W AC adapter, I recommend you get a 90W version of it.

- Link to picture (page94 of the HMM)

Sample item

As for forcing the laptop to use the battery energy while charging, I believe you can't do this as the unit's configured to route the power to the AC adapter everytime its plugged-in.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Blaxis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 599
Message 3 of 3

Re: 65W problem

I changed it to 90w, it works fine.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors