Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

05-03-2013

Sweden

23 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 1 of 6

Always crashing and rebooting when booting from my new win7-disc. Lenovo 3000 n200 0769-erg

2013-05-03, 16:11 PM

I have a fully working  Vista system on my n200, trying to boot from my new win7-disc, even tried to boot from usb but it's the same:

"Loading windows files" followed by "Starting windows" with the new win7-logo.. After that comes a fat cursor(guess the resolution is lower, like in "Rescue and recovery").
This cursor and a black screen is all I see for ~5 secs before it crashes. Same thing every time.

It might be Rescue and recovery that starts there and crashes. If that's the case, how do I remove it/fix it in a safe way? Or can i try something else first?

I am able to boot Linux from CD fyi..

Thankful for any help.
Regards

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Always crashing and rebooting when booting from my new win7-disc. Lenovo 3000 n200 0769-erg

2013-05-06, 23:48 PM

hi perp,

If you have tried installing Windows 7 in both AHCI/Compatible mode and the Windows 7 installer still crashes, can you try to run a diagnostic on the RAM/HDD (to make sure there's no hardware fault).

To run the diagnostics:

1. Download the the UBCD ISO

2. Burn the ISO using imgburn

3. Boot from the diagnostic cd and use MemTest86+ for the memory test and use Data Lifeguard (if you have a Western Digital HDD).

To burn the diagnostic softwre on a flashdrive, follow this guide.

If you get any errors, you will need to contact lenovo for service or you can DIY and replace the defective components.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

05-03-2013

Sweden

23 Signins

81 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re: Always crashing and rebooting when booting from my new win7-disc. Lenovo 3000 n200 0769-erg

2013-05-07, 13:15 PM

Hi,

How do I install in Compatible mode?

I'm positive that it's some kund of Rescue and recovery-issue now.. Same thing happens when I try to start the laptop from the Lenovo care-button. "Windows is loading files" then black, low-resolution screen, with cursor when trying to entering what must be Rescue and recovery, then crash.

I will burn the diagnostic tool after I've tried it in Compatible mode.. Is there some kind of disc-repair on the CD aswell?

Is it by the way possible that Rescue and recovery is "flagged" as number 1 priority on the harddrive and that I can change this flag to my boot-CD to solve it this way instead?

Regards

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2013-05-07, 15:24 PM

hi perp,

Regarding your questions:

1. To install Windows 7 in compatible mode, you need to boot into the BIOS > Configuration Tab > SATA Controller Mode and change AHCI to Compatible.

2. The issue which OKR hangs on a black screen with a cusor might be similar to this thread  which usually indicates bad sectors on the HDD.

3. Yes, there are tools to fix MBR, check and fix for  filesystems, etc.

4. The Rescue and Recovery or OKR is only a user triggered event -- unless this partition is marked as "Active" (which is not the case since you have a Vista OS which has the boot sector and flagged as active). Once you boot from a CD/DVD/USB, this will be the first device that the system will read.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

05-03-2013

Sweden

23 Signins

81 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2013-05-12, 18:57 PM

Ok, thank you for your answer.

I can't find "Configuration Tab > SATA Controller Mode and change AHCI to Compatible." at all though, this is all I see.. I can enable and disable SATA HDD AHCI Mode, but the problem persists. I have the newest BIOS-version, 3.05.

CAM00002.jpg

How do I access the Configuration Tab > SATA Controller Mode that you're talking about?

Regards

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2013-05-20, 20:34 PM

hi perp,

Looking at the screenshot that you posted, the  SATA Controller Mode is the same as the SATA HDD AHCI Mode. Try to change this value to Disabled or Complatible (whichever is applicable) and try to install Windows 7 again.

Regards,

neokenchi

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms