cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msc5825
Paper Tape
Views: 571
Message 1 of 4

Any advice doing a factory reset on a V570?

My 2011 V570 has been temperamental for a while now.  Painfully slow, occasionally unresponsive, "aw snaps," desktop manager fails, unable to load shockwave flash, error lenovo service bridge and overall frustrating performance.  I'm going to attempt a factory reset by formatting the drive and reinstalling the software.  If anyone has done this and can advise that would be great.   I was also curious if I should be updating drivers, which ones and how to go about this process.

Thanking anyone answering in advance and Happy New Year!

tarekr
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 559
Message 2 of 4

Re: Any advice doing a factory reset on a V570?

Lenovo support is a waste of time.

Their team is not competent to answer your questions and also they are careless.....

I will not buy Lenovo again

msc5825
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 3 of 4

Well that isn't very encouraging, is it?  I can't very well criticize Lenovo because NO ONE has resonded with any  assistance.  You might say Lenovo is absent, I guess.  My old Dell lasted a long time and their forums had multiple people willing to give instructions.  Also there was some person of authority from Dell who responded when no one else would.

I'm willing to give Lenovo the benefit of the doubt.  No advice, no customer when I upgrade to a new laptop.  

tarekr
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 532
Message 4 of 4

Yes they are almost absent.
I will try to replace my Lenovo Laptop with another Brand to have at least answers to problems manifested on many series of Lenovo.

I have complained many times but they don't care.

Very disappointing service

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors