Options

49 Posts

03-08-2016

CA

69 Signins

817 Page Views

• Views: 817
  • Message 21 of 30

Re: Are ALL my problems related to Power Management?

2016-10-19, 14:16 PM

Good thought.

I'm not familiar with IOBit, but it sounds very similar to Revo Uninstaller which also has 2 or 3 levels of "search and destroy" for any and all "associated" files that would NORMALLY remain in the registry if just Windows uninstall utiliy were used.

I might try that. It MIGHT even work out that when I INSTALL one of the Lenovo Power Manager/Energy Manager programs that the error actually goes away! My problem is (as I mentioned, somewhere, earlier) is that I started down this error trail by accidentally loading an incorrect Power Manager/Energy Manager "update"....sometime back a year or two ago when I was still running Win7. So, god only knows which actual version or even which PROGRAM it was. (That was 150 years ago with MY memory being what it is!) :-(

Oh well......some trial and error testing couldn't make it much worse. (WITH appropriate restore points, of course!)

Options

49 Posts

03-08-2016

CA

69 Signins

817 Page Views

• Message 22 of 30

2016-10-20, 0:43 AM

Would you say THIS page/scan should be working? http://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/downloads/ds103640

Does it for you?

Not for me.

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 23 of 30

2016-10-20, 14:21 PM

It is working for me with FireFox and Internet Explorer.  Try it again.  If the link still doesn't work then try clearing your browser caches and/or use a different browser. 

I was thinking, does the Window Event Logs and the View Reliability History log show any indication of the problem and a possible source of the error? 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

49 Posts

03-08-2016

CA

69 Signins

817 Page Views

• Message 24 of 30

2016-10-20, 16:05 PM

Got the link to work.......and, whaddayaknow........got the error: Your system is not supported for System Update.

Sheesh!!

And, again, not to look/sound too stupid, but where do I get to "Window Event Logs and the View Reliability History log"?

Thanks for your continued patience!!

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Message 25 of 30

2016-10-20, 16:40 PM

Here are two links that will explain "how to" with the Event Logs and Reliability Monitor.....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2999237/windows/how-to-use-windows-10s-reliability-monitor-to-fix-and-fine-tune-your-pc.html

http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-use-event-viewer-in-windows-10/

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Message 26 of 30

2016-10-20, 16:44 PM

With the Windows Event Logs your error will most likely appear under the Application or System heading of the Windows Logs category of Event Viewer.

Options

49 Posts

03-08-2016

CA

69 Signins

817 Page Views

• Message 27 of 30

2016-10-24, 1:44 AM

Unfortunately, the Event Viewer shows me things that have happened over the past couple of weeks.......but I can't figure out (nor get an answer from anybody else on) how to change the date range.......so that I can look way back (a couple of years) to see what happened when I uninstalled ONE Power Manager and installed another.

I wasn't even aware (like most people, I take it) that this utility existed....much less ever TOUCHED it.......so, should the entire LIFE of my laptop be recorded somewhere? I assume Even Viewer "survives" OS upgrades, CCleaner sessions, etc?

Thanks,

Michael

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Message 28 of 30

2016-10-24, 13:56 PM

Sorry I should have explained better. No need to view back ages ago.  Just boot up your computer and note the time that you receive that error message about loading the resource dll.   Once the computer is fully booted just look to see if there is a corresponding error listed in the Event logs or in Reliability Monitor around that time.  If there is an entry that may give a clue as to the source. 

Options

49 Posts

03-08-2016

CA

69 Signins

817 Page Views

• Message 29 of 30

2016-11-02, 21:40 PM

Just curious to know if you and/or any/all of the moderators are aware of the following pages I just stumbled on today:

1. https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/documents/ht103535

Which lists all the Lenovo computers, by model number, that support upgrading to Win10.

Mine's not on the list...although it DOES run...."after a fashion"

2. https://support.lenovo.com/ca/en/documents/ht103611

The official Lenovo UPGRADE GUIDE for Windows 10....INCLUDING a list of all resident Lenovo bloatware programs that should be UNINSTALLED BEFORE UPGRADING to Win 10.(Woulda/coulda been handy)

I'm about to uninstall "Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer" which I saw in my Registry in the Run/Run Once bootup folder.....and, hopefully it's been the cause of all my grief.

Options

4297 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Message 30 of 30

2016-11-03, 0:55 AM

Yes, I was aware.  In fact the one document you stumbled on today concerning model compatibility was brought to your attention by a fellow moderator. This information was posted in one of your other threads back on the 24th of October.

As for the document related to Windows 10 upgrade guide and software compatibility, you were advised earlier in this thread to uninstall any power management software.  As for other incompatible software applications, I didn't see these as being an issue to your problem since your problem with power management was there prior to the Windows 10 upgrade.  My error for not passing along the full list and my apologies.

Since you currently have two other threads active on the same issue and this thread was unproductive, it is now being closed.  Multiple threads only splinter the discussion.  Best of luck in resolving your issue with the other discussions.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete