Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NSChandrakumar
What's DOS?
Views: 842
Message 1 of 2

Audio combo jack vs headphone/earphone with mic and speaker connector

I purchased new earphone with mic & connected to my laptop, V570. But no sound is coming. Then i checked the earphone to mobile to check the output. It is working. But connecting with laptop is not working . Also a USB port next to it is also not functioning.  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 829
Message 2 of 2

Re: Audio combo jack vs headphone/earphone with mic and speaker connector

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

On your computer the audio jacks along with the USB port are mounted on a card that is separate from the motherboard.  The two are then connected with a ribbon cable.  If your headphone jack is inoperable with more than one pair of headphones and the USB port does not work would be a good indication of a problem with the card.   

Just to rule out a possible hardware conflict try doing a BIOS reset.  Just do this.......

1. Unplug the charger / adapter.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds.
4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

If the reset did not correct the problem then I would suspect either the audio card is faulty or the ribbon cable has become disconnected.  In that case I would suggest you contact Lenovo Support for additional service especially if your warranty is still active.  You can find the phone number for Lenovo Support in your country or area by using the link below....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_alt1

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Top Kudoed Authors