Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristal2008
Paper Tape
Views: 107,053
Message 1 of 7

Audio device on high definition audio bus driver

Hello,

I have some problems in finding the right driver for audio bus and for some others.

I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 (0769) . I had vista but i changed it with XP. Yesterday i reinstaled xp and i put the drivers that i found on the lenovo site, but i think some of them are not working propertly. In Computer Management i have some "yellow question marks" :

1.audio device on high definition audio bus

2.base system (3 times)

3.ethernet controller

4.modem device on high definition audio bus

5.SM bus controller

I tried to find on the site but i can't find anything . If somebody can help....thank you very much.

kristal2008
Paper Tape
Views: 106,811
Message 2 of 7

Re: Audio device on high definition audio bus driver

I found out everything .

have a nice day

sitt78
What's DOS?
Views: 104,119
Message 3 of 7

hy,

i have the same problem, can you help me!

can you give me the links you've found at that time, I have been such lenovo support a week and gives no information
very thanks

Retired Guru
Views: 104,102
Message 4 of 7

SM Bus controller - Install the Intel chipset driver

Base system device - Install the card reader driver

Ethernet controller - Install the Broadcom LAN driver

Audio device on high definition audio bus - If you are using pre-SP3, you need to install KB888111 first. Then install the Realtek audio driver and the modem driver.

All the drivers are available here.

Message Edited by ortegaluis on 05-16-2009 10:52 PM

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
snaimpally
What's DOS?
Views: 103,426
Message 5 of 7

@ortegaluis wrote:

SM Bus controller - Install the Intel chipset driver

Base system device - Install the card reader driver

Ethernet controller - Install the Broadcom LAN driver

Audio device on high definition audio bus - If you are using pre-SP3, you need to install KB888111 first. Then install the Realtek audio driver and the modem driver.

All the drivers are available here.

Message Edited by ortegaluis on 05-16-2009 10:52 PM

Thanks.  I had the same problem on a recently purchased 3000 G530 ($350 at Frys Memorial Day Sale).  The issue is with the Conexant audio device/modem.   I had loaded Win XP and noticed that the "audio device on high definition audio bus driver" error shows 2 drivers not loaded - the audio driver and the modem driver.  Turns out they are one and the same.  I ended up redoing the WinXP installation.

This is what I did to succesfully load Win XP:

1. Install Win XP SP2
  2. Install the Microsoft KB888111 hot fix (this fix is NOT in SP3 so SP3 will not solve this problem)
  3. Download all the drivers in the above link, unzip them (by default they are placed in the folder C:/drivers), and then burn the contents of the folder C:/drivers to a DVD-ROM disk
  4. Put the burned disk in the driver, go to the device manager, click on each yellow "?" and get the device manager to install each driver automatically - it will look on the DVD-ROM and find the appropriate drivers.  Do restarts as needed.

As stated by others, the MS hotfix must be applied BEFORE loading the driver. 

I am quite pleased with the performance of the notebook with XP.  I plan to upgrade the memory to 4GB - Lenovo thoughtfully supplies the 2G ram as a single SO-DIMM.  I also have an 8GB memory stick and may try putting the page file on the memory stick to speed up operations. 

Message Edited by snaimpally on 05-29-2009 11:31 AM
googler_03
Paper Tape
Views: 88,110
Message 6 of 7

can someone please clarify which driver is being referred to when you mention modem driver. i installed the hotfix first and then the realtek audio driver. but i still get the "Audio devie on hight de...." message.

thank you for your help

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 19,432
Message 7 of 7
Moved:

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors