Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-01-2010

United Kingdom

19 Signins

151 Page Views

• Views: 151
  • Message 1 of 1

BIOS update failed!!! Need help.

2010-01-01, 14:54 PM

Hello Everyone

I've got Lenovo 3000 N200

model 0769 - BMG.

The laptop worked fine for two years on the same windows. It needed new OS due to loots of errors and etc. I've installed fresh copy of XP pro and things stated to crash. So I though I install the new Windows 7 (7600) 32-bit.

Everything worked fine for few days and then BIOS stated to crash. Just like that! When I was turning the laptop on it was hauled on the white screen with Leno and Intel sign beeping all the time. It required time or pressing the button to go further. I've tried few tricks like restarting the setting in the bios and on the jumpers on the motherboard but nothing worked. 

The laptop was preowned so I didn't know how old is it so I decided to update the bios. I used the software from lenovo which does it for you no problem.

Downloaded and run as administrator software was working (went to 4 out of 17 stages) laptop was plugged into the mains and fully charged. Then Windows crashed! Properly. I wasn't even able to turn it off with the power button! Held it for ages with no response. The only way was to remove the battery.

Now the laptop turns on when you press the power button but the screen doesn't display anything. You can hear the CPU fan working normally but nothing else. Also I am able to turn it off with the power button If I hold it for few seconds.

I know the BIOS is corrupted. Does anyone know what to do with it? Is it possible to fix? How? Or Where?

Any Help will be much appreciated!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms