Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gamoto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,209
Message 1 of 4

BIZZARE PROBLEM ! N200 cannot browse the Internet but email is working>HELP

Bizzare problem I have a Lenovo N200 running Vista Home Premium. The machine was running perfectly until Monday. At the moment I cannot access the Internet. The bizzare thing is that my email works fine and I can send and receive email. But I cannot surf the web on IE. I even installed Firefox and still cannot access the Internet. I have checked the network settings. I am using a LAN cable. The settings are fine. I reset the adapter. I have taken off the anti virus and reinstalled. The weird thing is if I go into the Lenovo recovery while booting up I can access the web on that browser. In Vista in Command Prompt I am able to ping www.google.com and I get a responce. I simply cannot access the Internet from any browser in Vista. Can anyone help? Any ideas? Thanks Mike
TheEDFLegacy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,193
Message 2 of 4

Re: BIZZARE PROBLEM ! N200 cannot browse the Internet but email is working>HELP

Bizzare...

Have you checked your firewall settings? I know that non-Windows firewalls, if not loaded properly, can block all incoming data. I remember when I uninstalled ZoneAlarm on my main PC once, all data was blocked. And on my Sygate Personal Firewall, if it isn't loaded when Windows boots, any new problems won't be able to use the net until its loaded and exempted from blocking. (This could happen to Windows Firewall too, but I'm not sure).

If that doesn't fix it, not sure what then.

gamoto
Paper Tape
Views: 1,170
Message 3 of 4

Hi Guys

Still no solution to the problem. Even called Lenovo in South Africa. No luck. I have reset the Winsock. Still nothing. Email works perfect but browsers cannot access the web. I can ping in CMD that works. I tried running Vista in Safe Mode and could access the web via a browser.

But I STILL CANNOT access when I boot  Vista normally. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

donbac
Paper Tape
Views: 1,012
Message 4 of 4

Try system restore to day before Monday

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors