Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hypnosam
What's DOS?
Views: 1,057
Message 1 of 3

Bad Bios Update on N100

Hi, 

I've got a old lenovo n100 laptop, 1.66 dual core, 2gb ram. The problems started when i attempted to install the win 8 dev preview on it, As i'm fairly interested in coding, so the idea was to do it on that and use that as a test machine. When i went into the bios, the system model and uuid number were corrupted, and either showing some corrupted characters or just f's and e's.

I googled the problem and it suggested to try flashing the bios, now lenovo only posts a windows bios flashing utility, so in my haste to fix the problem i applied that, made sure it was running and left the house for a couple of hours. When i came back, the laptop had frozen up completely, I couldn't move the mouse, send any input or command to the laptop, the screen had frozen at 18:07- about 5 minutes after I'd left - typical! 

Since it had frozen, on 13/19, i figured that if it hadnt Of started responding after 4 hours or so, there was no hope for it. So i went to turn the machine off, it wouldnt turn off via the power button. So i took the battery out of the machine, left it out for half a minute, then plugged it back in and started the machine, the laptop tries to read the dvd thats in it at the moment, as it makes a noise and the activity light goes on, but the screen doesn't output anything.

Do these laptops have a fail safe in it, or any other way of fixing it, or is it one for the scrapheap?

Thanks in advance

Retired Partner
Views: 1,031
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bad Bios Update on N100

As I understand your issue now the display does not come.

It seems the BIOS is not fully updated and it was corrupt the BIOS program.

You can take the laptop to the service center for the service.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

hypnosam
What's DOS?
Views: 1,028
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bad Bios Update on N100

Hi,

Where can i get this done and enquire about the price etc?

Many thanks for your reply

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors