Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
je522
Paper Tape
Views: 1,770
Message 1 of 5

Bios update stuck at 91% percent

Hei,

my laptop started a bios update yesterday (I was not around, was going to wait until starting it until I had more time but apparently it just started automatically when I left). 

This morning it was at 91% and has not changed since. I'm not sure why it got stuck, it might have been unplugged in between but I am not sure. I thought it might be best to restart the update and clicked cancel but I can't close the window or click any other of the options in the updater, and forcing it closed by using task manager is a bit scary. Any advicer? Should I just restore the system to the last point or is that dangerous? 

bbh-17
Paper Tape
Views: 1,671
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bios update stuck at 91% percent

I have this issue almost exactly! I accidentally clicked yes to have it update instead of no, remind me later, in the middle of my workday, thinking it wouldn't take that long. It's been stuck at 91% since then. I also can't click on anything else in the updater window - everything is grayed out. I'm terrified to end the task in task manager or shut down my laptop. I have a ThinkPad x250 and it is "ThinkPad BIOS Update US - 7 [32,64]/8.1/10[64]".
wwa2b
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 3 of 5

Same here, stuck at 91%.

What should I do?

If I reboot now do I risk dammaging my laptop??

system-update-screen.jpg

Krish53
What's DOS?
Views: 291
Message 4 of 5

My bios update was stuck on 85% during installation. After 2 hours of no progress, I decided to do a systems restore and hope for the best. The restore worked and reverted to the old bios, I am not a tech wizz, but I think the new bios was not installed yet. Lenovo is listing the new bios as a critical update, and prompted me to install it again. No way am I going to go through that again, unless a malfunction absolutely requires it. I currently have no problem with my laptop so  am not going to do a bios update. Lenovo needs to get its act together.

wwa2b
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the reply.

It was actually dumber than that. When I finally moved the install popup, there was another popup hidden underneath waiting for my confirmation... The Lenovo update window was hiding it. 

So much ado about nothing

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors