Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fausto
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,467
Message 1 of 3

Broadcom Wireless and Sound under Windows Vista

I am a computer technician for a small consulting firm in Boston Mass called Tech Networks of Boston (TNB).

I am having an issue with my 3000 N100 0768-E7U running the Pre-loaded Windows Vista Business edition.

Original description: T7200(2GHz), 2GB RAM, 120GB 5400rpm HD, 15.4in 1680x1050 LCD, 128MB nVIDIA GeForce FX Go7300, CDRW/DVDRW, 802.11n wireless, Bluetooth/Modem, 10/100 Ethernet, touch pad, Camera, Fingerprint reader, IEEE 1394, 6c Li-Ion, WinVista Business

Since I purchased my laptop from TNB back in March of 07, i have had issue with playing audio while using the wireless. Sound get clearly degraded when wireless activity occurs. I though it would have something to do with drivers so i updated the wireless and sound drivers to the latest ones offered by the manufacturer (which are more recent then the ones provided by Lenovo). no luck.

I later decided to wipe and install Windows XP Pro on my laptop. Surprise, sound and wireless work great.

Now i have reloaded the newest version of Vista Business with SP1. still having the same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions or fixes???
Former Administrator
Views: 1,461
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadcom Wireless and Sound under Windows Vista

Fausto,

I believe we need to look into your audio drivers ... Realtek.  What version number driver are you running under Vista?

Also, what mode are you running the network card in?   Are you running in 'G' mode?

Can you explain a bit more about the degraded sound?  Is it stuttering / skipping, or...?

Thanks.
Fausto
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,417
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadcom Wireless and Sound under Windows Vista

Hello Mark,

My wireless is running in "G" mode and the driver version that i am running is 4.102.15.56, which is what was installed by the Lenovo System Update program.
The Sound is currently running version 6.0.1.5331 which is dated 11/23/2006, which is also what was installed by the Lenovo System Update program.

What i did was a fresh install of Windows Vista Business with SP1, then ran Lenovo System Update and let it take care of all the drivers. everything is running great except for the sound while using wireless.

I can have the two on simultaneously running but as soon as there is wireless activity the sound crackles and skips.

Should i try the latest sound drivers available from the manufacturer?

I have a screenshot of my configs but cant post them

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors