Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-03-2012

UK

4 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 2

C200 Battery light flashes red x5, orange x1, red x1 no POST

2012-12-03, 19:11 PM

Hi community

I have a 3000 C200 that, until last week, was running perfectly. I shut it down fine one evening then when I returned to it, dead.

When I press the power button, only the battery light illuminates. It flashes steadily red 5 times, then quickly orange once then red once, then repeats. There is no other signs of life.

If I leave the machine plugged in overnight then try, the power light comes on and the fans spin up. This lasts for about half a second then it powers off.

As background, I have never used the laptop on battery power, always the mains and as such I am on my 2nd or 3rd battery (last replaced over 2yrs ago) and my 2nd charger (also replaced 2-3yrs ago). I didn't have these symptoms when I have made replacements in the past.

Any advice? I am thinking motherboard tba, but without checking the error code (Doctor Google was not much help!!) I don't want to throw money at it.

Regards Paul

Options

1244 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: C200 Battery light flashes red x5, orange x1, red x1 no POST

2012-12-27, 12:52 PM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing,  

Please try the following  steps ,  remove the battery pack , ac adaptor and any other cable .

Press the power button for 45 sec , then release , repeat this process  3 -4 times

Then connect ac adaptor and check if system is powering on and are you able to see the Lenovo logo

Do give this a try and let us know

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)