Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
denmar22
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,937
Message 1 of 3

CDs/DVDs do not fit in the drive.

Most likely, I am doing something wrong. I never saw a disk drive on a laptop before, only on my desktop computer. I went to put a CD in to listen to music, but it would not fit. There is a black round thing in the middle of where the CD should go. It is wider than the hole on the CD. Is this something that I am supposed to take out or off? My desktop doesn't have this piece. My laptop is a Leveno 3000 N500, OS Vista Home Basic. Thanks so much for any help someone can give.
Retired Guru
Views: 6,929
Message 2 of 3

Re: CDs/DVDs do not fit in the drive.

You must gently push the disk into place. The "black round thing" contains three spring-loaded tabs which will hold the disk in place. When you gently push down on the disk, it will retract the tabs only to come back out once the disk is in place. Then the disk will be secure for you to use it as appropriate.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
denmar22
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,916
Message 3 of 3

Re: CDs/DVDs do not fit in the drive.

Thank you very much. I got the Cd in. Now I have to figure out how to get a DVD to play. It says that the resolution is not correct. I hope it plays DVDs, I only bought it for my son to be able to watch them. Again, thank you. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors