Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobtheblob
What's DOS?
Views: 1,686
Message 1 of 4

Can't recover XP from partition OR recovery disks

Lenovo 3000 N200 with XP.

I've been trying to do a system recovery back to factory settings using the the boot recovery option at startup.

It took 3 attempts (2 crashes) just to get XP back up and running, but it was completely blank with no software or drivers and no internet connection to download drivers etc.Just the lonely recycle bin icon in the corner. Well this is uesless I thought and decided to have a go with the recovery CD's instead. When the first CD has done it's thing it asks for CD number 1, which I put in, and it tells me it's the wrong CD. I have tried all the CD's I have and they are all the wrong CD apparantely! So I was going nowhere with that method and decided to revert back to the initial boot method. Only that is completely messed up and now asks me for disk 1 which doesn't work.

So now my laptop is knackered with no way of reinstalling XP from either the boot menu or the recovery disks. I've even tried installing XP from an official Windows XP disk and it's not having that either!

What can I do? Ask Lenovo for a set of recovery CD's? How much would that cost? And would they even work?

Thanks for any advice

Message Edited by bobtheblob on 10-03-2008 04:50 PM
wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,672
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't recover XP from partition OR recovery disks

your best bet is to call lenovo, those discs should have more probability of working.
bobtheblob
What's DOS?
Views: 1,647
Message 3 of 4

I have just found out that the warranty ran out just last week. Can I still get a set of recovery disks?

Is there anywhere I could download them maybe?

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,643
Message 4 of 4

if you call Lenovo up you may still get the recovery media (probably cost around 30 pounds), otherwise you need to download an XP iso from web  or borrow a XP cd from your friend and your own serial number on the bottom of the laptop, and then you download the corresponding drivers from lenovo.com. If you use your own XP then you won't have your own predesktop area like you use to. h

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors