Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leosesk
What's DOS?
Views: 1,906
Message 1 of 2

Cannot create recover disc

I am about to give my 3000 c200 to my nephew, so I would like to factory restore my notebook.

I have not created a Recovery Disc before (or perhaps I have lost it). I just tried to create one earlier, but the computer said I 'do not have the necessary files' in my computer to create the recovery disc. So the Lenovo Create Recovery Disc software just quit when I click 'Ok' to the above message without doing anything.

I would like to know how could I create a recovery disc then? Or can Lenovo send one to me?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,848
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot create recover disc

hi leosesk,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

If you followed this guide to create your factory default recovery disc and got that error, you may try to trigger the One Key Recovery button to restore the unit to factory default. See One Key Recovery outside Windows. If this fails, you will need to contact Lenovo Technical Support (click here) to get a recovery disc.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals