Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowboarde
What's DOS?
Views: 287
Message 1 of 3

Closing and shutting down problems

Hey guys, unfortunately i have got a problem with my two2 weeks old Lenovo V 570. When i close the laptop and open it again, the display remains black. i tried to press the energybutton or other buttons - but no reaction. the only thing i can do, is pressing the on/off button for 4 seconds to switch the computer off.

i also got problems, when i want to switch the laptop off. First it seem that, windows 7 goes down normally, but then the energy button remains on(white light) and after 20 seconds the aerator goes on again...this seems really strange to me, because i thought i turned the laptop out... the only possibility is here also pressing the energy button for a few seconds...:/

can anyone help me, fixing the problem?!

Thanking you in advance

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 242
Message 2 of 3

Re: Closing and shutting down problems

hi snowboarde.
it is usually that windows causes sleeping issue(s).
can you try to re-install power management drivers first? also, please, let us know if you installed any windows update recently or made changes on system ?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Former Administrator
Views: 235
Message 3 of 3

Re: Closing and shutting down problems

Hey snowboarde,

Welcome to the forum.  I think I've heard variations on this on other models reported now and again and Yigit is potentially right that it may be related to power management settings or the drivers.

Can you change the settings so that the system hibernates when the lid is closed instead of sleeps?  Then when you open the lid, you will need to press the power button once to resume from hibernation.  If this works, maybe try to update the power management software from our support website.

Best regards,

Mark

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors