Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jiannis
Paper Tape
Views: 226
Message 1 of 5

DUAL BOOTING ON V570

Hello all!

I need to have both WIN 7 x64 PRO as well as WIN 7 x86 PRO on my V570. I made two partitions, installed firstly WIN7 x86, but the V570 would't let me install WIN7 x64 on the second partition. I also tried to install firstly WIN7 x64, but the V570 wouldn't let me to install WIN x86 on the second partition. Obviously V570 wouldn't accept both OS on the same HDD.  It accepts either two partitions with WIN 7 x86 or two partitions with WIN 7 x64. Any suggestions guys?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 208
Message 2 of 5

Re: DUAL BOOTING ON V570

Hello and welcome,

What do you mean by "wouldn't let me"?  Some details might help others help you figure this out.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Jiannis
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 3 of 5

Sorry if I didn't make it more clear. When I write that V570 wouldn't let me install the other OS on the second partition, I mean that I get a message: "Windows cannot be installed on this partition". This is the message I get when I have already installed e.g. WIN 7 x86 on the first partition and I intend to install WIN 7 x64 on the second partition or vice versa. I think it is a BIOS issue of V570 (or LENOVO in general), because I already have this kind of dual booting on a NO-NAME desktop with an MSI motherboard and is working perfectly.  

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 197
Message 4 of 5

Maybe one installer is booting in legacy mode and the other in UEFI mode.

Is the "can't be installed" message taking about MBR vs GPT mode?  Details...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Jiannis
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 5 of 5

Actually, when I firstly install WIN 7 x64, a MBR partition (approx. 128MB) is being automatically created. This doesn't happen when I firstly install WIN 7 x86. It is very peculiar indeed, because I didn't notice such a partition when I install WIN7 x64 on my no-name-desktop. Any ideas?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors