cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UncleScott
Blue Screen Again
Views: 446
Message 11 of 14

Re: Does Lenovo consider the V570 Ideapad obsolete?

Yes, I AM in Win 10 Home at this point.

And, yes, I was thinking on a couple of occasions that since this whole issue started "way-back-when" with Windows 7 Home Premium, maybe I should just bite the bullet, downgrade to Win 7, then try to find the correct Lenovo "accessory pack" of drivers/resources/whatever and get things stable again.

To be forthright, though, the reason I haven't been particularly anxious to proceed down that path is that when I started asking questions in this forum.......two or three YEARS ago, I was coming up empty handed for help. No one seemed to know the difference between myriad Lenovo "power-handling" programs........and they DO have an armload of them...all with similar, easy-to-confuse names. (e.g. it made me nervous when I saw that the link you sent me today was for Energy Management software....when the program I had, or had at ONE point was "Power Manager", nothing more, nothing less.

I've seen at least three, maybe as many as five different names including every combination and permutation of the words Power, Energy, Manager, Management, Gage, System, Battery.

It's pretty disappointing not to be able to go to "my" model's support page on Lenovo's site and see a comprehensive listing of the "bloat.......'er, software" that was preloaded on my machine when new. 

Maybe I'm expecting too much. My big concern is, that if I go to all the trouble of switching back to Win 7, I still won't be able to find (from Lenovo) a complete installation package. I'm wondering if I'd be better off just taking it to a local shop, telling them to WIPE it and give me a clean install of Windows 10..........forget about Lenovo-anything?

Maybe that's what the Windows 10 "Reset" button would do for me.

Anyway, I hate to sound like a whiner. I just loved this laptop when it was working great. Still DO, except when it boots and gives me that error now.......and when it does it again every time I go to Control Panel.

Cheers.

dsnillo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 397
Message 12 of 14

My conclusion is that yes, the V570 has been abandoned by Lenovo.  I had Windows 10 running well (except for the ethernet connection which required resetting or reinstallation every reboot even using Realtek's Win 10 driver) until Updates were installed last week.  Now I can't get it to boot into Windows, although Fedora 24 works fine.  Since installing Windows 10, BIOS settings have been inaccessible, so I cannot boot to a Windows 10 installation DVD or thumb drive without removing the hard drive.  Note that this page:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-V-Series-laptops/Lenovo-V570-N...

states that 2nd generation Intel Core processors are not supported, and that Lenovo lists no Windows 10 drivers. So, while we may be able to limp along in Windows 10, or go back to Win 8 or 7, we may run into more hardware incompatibility problems as Windows updates patch security holes, and improve compatibility with newer hardware.

UncleScott
Blue Screen Again
Views: 364
Message 13 of 14

I feel your pain ! 

UncleScott
Blue Screen Again
Views: 328
Message 14 of 14

Sorry for the late response here. Smiley Surprised (it's NOT that I'm not grateful for any feedback!

So, I clicked on your link and had a look (and I know this is a "loaded" question, but).....do you think it's worth trying to download and install that Win 7 Energy Management program, (even though it is obviously not designed with Win 10 in mind)........and hope that it contains the DLL that my V570 seems to want? At least I ASSUME it's "looking for something it cant find" when it throws up the "Power Manager" entitled error box with "An error occurred while loading resource DLL" every time I access control panel and/or when performing other maintenance duties/settings/adjustments which must be triggering Control Panel related activities.

I'm guessing there's a 50/50 chance that it MIGHT work. After all, much other functionality is intact after my Win10 "upgrade", even though the V570 "officially" doesn't support Win10 and vice-versa.

In my current state, there ARE work-arounds, the most dependable of which seems to be that when I get the error msg and things generally freeze up.....I open Task Manager (where strangely two instances of File Explorer have opened, by themselves........ or is it caused by my opening TM?) Either way, when I End Task on the File Explorer, I can then return to the open Control Panel window, "OK" out of the error message.....and then things are sort of back to normal.

I guess I'm looking for some "moral support" on the prospect that loading the program you pointed to won't make things even worse! :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors