cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Typhoon
Not applicable
Views: 1,098
Message 1 of 3

Downgraded to XP - Any ways to make a recovery partition of my own?

So I've downgraded to XP pro using my XP media (not the recovery discs from Lenovo). I had no choice but to remove the recovery partition, and now just wanted to know if there's a way to make one like Lenovo's.

Also, after the downgrade, the "Instant-On" button doesn't work any more. How can I fix it?

Lenovo 3000 V200 0764-2CU

Message Edited by Typhoon on 03-31-2008 06:02 PM
MerleOne
Not applicable
Views: 1,085
Message 2 of 3

Re: Downgraded to XP - Any ways to make a recovery partition of my own?

You may try making a backup partition using a such as BING (Boot It NG) from Terabyteunlimited, in the "maintenance" mode of this software, which is an excellent partition management tool.

The same publisher also has an Imaging software named Image For Windows V2 that can backup your system partition onto your backup partition. Using a bootable USB thumbdrive or CD (also mastered by the same set of tools), you can restore your last backup on your system partition.

IFW also manages differential backups, so only modified sectors are saved. You save space while maintaining an up to date recovery partition. You can find similar software from StorageCraft (Shadow Protect Desktop), Drive Snapshot, Acronis (I don't recommand it), Paragon Drive Backup (like Acronis, quite buggy).

There is even a freeware, DriveImage XML from Runtime Software, but with less features.

Message Edited by MerleOne on 04-01-2008 08:48 AM
hrf042
Not applicable
Views: 736
Message 3 of 3

This persons point was missed.

Message Edited by hrf042 on 09-04-2008 07:09 PM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors