Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fearlessflyer3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 972
Message 1 of 6

Driver installation help.

I just got my V570 back, so I was wondering if there were any drivers that I should download from first getting this machine. Not too familiar with drivers but I went and looked up the ones for this machine and there are a bunch. Thanks Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 915
Message 2 of 6

Re: Driver installation help.

Hi Fearlessflyer3,

Is everything working okay now?

You just got it back.  From where?  Service?  What did they do?  When did you originally get your machine?

If everything is working okay, don't be too quick to update stuff.  If you go installing a bunch of updates and then something doesn't work right, you're not going to know which ones screwed you up.  

If you do decide to update drivers, set a restore point in Windows so if something gets messed up, you can go back to where it worked.

Did you burn restore discs yet?  If you didn't, do so, you'll be glad you did later on.  Do a full backup onto external media so you can be secure in the belief that you can get your system back to where it is now in case something bad happens. ie: failed hard drive, virus.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Fearlessflyer3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 892
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply.

Everything is working ok now since I got it back from the Lenovo depot. It said on the repair sheet that they replaced the Main Board on my laptop. I originally purchased the machine in January. My main problem was that I was getting no power upon pressing the power button, nor when I drained the power, etc etc. It was charging my cell phone, but no initial power to the system itself. 

I have all back-ups for my laptop and it is working great so far. I was just curious because I never really installed drivers on my computers before. I figured I would ask around here and see if there were any necessary drivers or steps I should take. Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

fiesta
802.11n
Views: 880
Message 4 of 6

Hello!!

besides backing up your data, make sure you create recovery discs for your system as topmahof mentioned.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs-Knowledge-Base/How-to-create-quot-Factory-Default-Recovery-...

To make sure you don't dowload wrong or unecessary drivers, you can go into Device manager, right click on each driver and select "Update Driver Software" then: "search automatically for driver update software"

Therefore, it will automatically inform you if you already have the latest required update and if not, it will also automatically update with the necessary driver.

Cheers!!

Smiley Happy

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 867
Message 5 of 6

Flyer... new drivers sometimes introduce new problems, so...

- If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Break It -

oops... Smiley Tongue... Zehn

Fearlessflyer3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 842
Message 6 of 6

Haha. Thanks for the reply guys. Zehn, you just convinced me lol. I did some research on drivers and what not and I figured it is not even worth it. At least I got some knowledge on drivers though Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors