Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skypilot
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 1 of 3

E580 CPU and SSD upgrade

Hi all!
I recently benchmarked my E580 and was wondering if anyone can tell me what some good options are for upgrading my CPU and SSD. Currently has the i7-8550U and the SSD is a Lenovo make (LENSE20256GMSP34MEAT2TA 256GB). 

Guru
Views: 161
Message 2 of 3

Re: E580 CPU and SSD upgrade

You can't upgrade the CPU because it's soldered on to the system board.

For storage, you currently have an M.2 PCIe NVMe 256GB SSD. You can upgrade to a larger capacity drive, but you can't upgrade to Optane memory (it's not supported).

Here's a 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD you can upgrade to: https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/thinkpad-e580/CT13050429

You also have a 2.5" SATA slot available to add more storage to. Here's an example of a drive you can get: https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/thinkpad-e580/CT11773008

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

skypilot
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 3 of 3

Re: E580 CPU and SSD upgrade

Thanks! I asked here because when I called Lenovo to see about upgrading the processor, they gave me an intel number I could not find anywhere. I'll have a look at the additional SSD you mentioned.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors