Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srini
Paper Tape
Views: 101,501
Message 1 of 13

Error 0701: USB Over Current On HC/Port - Bus:00H Dev :1DH Fun:01H / Port:00H

I've been using the laptop without any problems untill i encountered the folowing ERROR: AArrgg!!!@#$

Error 0701: USB Over Current On HC/Port - Bus:00H Dev :1DH Fun:01H / Port:00H
Error 0701: USB Over Current On HC/Port - Bus:00H Dev :1DH Fun:02H / Port:00H

Press F1 For Setup, Press F12 For Boot Device Selection Menu

Well, F1 takes me into the Bios, all looks well. And F12 Does nothing. how ever i tried to boot from CD-drive but of no use, i tried to solve it million methods but invain i couldn't if any one has a solution for this please provide i'll be very thankfull

thanks in advance

srini

jagtar777
What's DOS?
Views: 100,969
Message 2 of 13

Re: Error 0701: USB Over Current On HC/Port - Bus:00H Dev :1DH Fun:01H / Port:00H

Hi,

I have found the soloution of  this  problem. Check  your usb  port . Their is shortage in the USB port.  You just  check the usb port.  Definately  their is  usb port pins attached each other. Just  open their contact.

Your Problem will be solved.

Er. Jagtar Singh

9356299921 Chandigarh

srini
Paper Tape
Views: 100,950
Message 3 of 13

Re: Error 0701: USB Over Current On HC/Port - Bus:00H Dev :1DH Fun:01H / Port:00H

Hi Jaktar, Firstly I thank you for your reply.

well, imm. after seeing ur mail i tried as u said how ever i coundn't get red of it. again i'm getting the same message can u explain me in detail? if possible in a mail with illustration if required i'll call u. this is my no. 9886306659.

thanks once again

srini

camarsha
What's DOS?
Views: 100,732
Message 4 of 13

Hello,

I have solved my case of this problem so I hope replying on this forum will help others to fix it as well. This is a physical problem with the connection between the motherboard and the USB port. (The system reads an open circuit) What happened on my labtop is one of the four 'prongs' for the usb port got pushed back (into the center on the labtop) and unhooked the connection to the motherboard. I have a feeling that because several people seem to be having this problem that there might be a manufacture defect with the particular USB port.

The way to fix it: (*note: whenever you work on the inside of a computer wear insulating gloves and remove the battery from the computer before hand.*)

Depending on your labtop there should be an acess panel to the core compartments. My bad USB port was the single USB port hooked up close to the heatsink and processor +fan. I opened my acess panel and noticed that one of the four connections for that single USB port was loose. (Please note* the very small metal piece should be soldered very well onto the motherboard, the problem will probably be that it was pushed out of the USB connection side and it should still be rigidly connected to the mother board still.) So I simply and carefully placed the small metal connector back into it's slot so that it looks like the other three.

-If you have managed to fix this problem as well, my suggestion is to not use that USB port again. (I simply put ducktape over the opening but you might not be as primitive as myself.)

-If you have NOT been able to fix this problem from my instructions, please do not hesitate to leave a message on here or send me a message on this forum.

(I might also suggest to never buy a lenovo...you have no IDEA how bad their customer service is and obviously they havn't fixed some pretty major manufacturing defects.)

-Caitlin (Sept 13th, 2008)

mayhewga
What's DOS?
Views: 99,247
Message 5 of 13

Re: Fix for Error 0701: USB Over Current On HC/Port - Bus:00H Dev :1DH Fun:01H / Port:00H

I had this error and it is indeed caused by a failure of some of the USB ports.

To see which ports have failed just plug a thumb drive into each port,  if the red light on the thumb drive doesn't flash as you plug it in, that port is dead.

I found two dead ports just near the mic and headphone sockets., the third one there and the one on the other side of the case were OK.

So, I looked up the video that is elsewhere on this board on dismantling the 3000 C200, and dismantled everything until I got down to the USB/Sound card, and disconnected its connector cable,  and reassembled everything again (making sure you put some heat sinc compound on the CPU heat sinc).

Then booted up perfectly.

Of course I now am down two USBs and the sound sockets, but I don't use them anyway (interesting that these blew without any use whatsoever)

However the price of a replacement USB/Sound card from Lenovo is about $75 AUD if I ever want to buy one.

toneyanwari
What's DOS?
Views: 97,197
Message 6 of 13

Dear all,

My lenovo 3000 N100 has similar problem which is bios error 0701 usb.

I have followed your instruction on your post and carefully look into the USB and Soundcard socket for either dirt or loose connection as well as remove 1 USB port. I even tried to boot without the soundcard and USB.

However, I still unable to boot. The problem presists.

Could you please kindly give me more help on this thing as I dont think I buy another laptop due to budget shortage.

many thanks in advance and I really look forward to receiving you and any other members who are able to help me to solve this issue. 

Regards,

Tony Anwari

viettn
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 93,411
Message 7 of 13

I had that error too with two usb port on Lenovo N100. I use two mouse plugin usb port error so can boot over that error. Anyone so me best way?
ginger28fan
Paper Tape
Views: 89,657
Message 8 of 13

I can't get to the USB ports without taking the entire shell off the laptop so I can't try your fix.  But is there a way to turn off the USB ports one at a time until I find the affected one causing the error?  Or if nothing else, shutting all of them down so I can at least turn on the system?  I've about had it with their customer "NO" service and will probably buy a new computer anyway, I just want to ensure my backup drive has everything from the computer.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide as I know nothing about fixing computers.

camarsha
What's DOS?
Views: 89,631
Message 9 of 13

Hello,

In responce to the last post (Jan 15th)  by ginger28fan:

Unfortunately, if there is a short-circuit on your motherboard no controls through the bios will be able to help you. I also had to take apart my labtop often sometimes I was worried I would have to break it open. But (lucky for me) I was able to access the -injured- USB connection through one of the open areas for the heat-sinc. It took some very tedious playing with a flashlight and tweezers but I was able to gently place the connection back into the USB port.

Did you try looking for the USB connections in that manner?

Best wishes,

Cat

shafikhan
What's DOS?
Views: 68,459
Message 10 of 13

Insert the cd of same O/S wait untill it says " windows loading files" then here eject the cd /dvd. This work for me.