Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supersonicgtr
Paper Tape
Views: 220
Message 1 of 2

First time sending off my ideapad

Do I leave everything in the laptop including the hard drive and the memory? My hard drive and memory are fine. The problem is that my laptop wont boot and it's a suspected power issue. The CS rep told me to include the battery and the ac adapter. I'm shipping it off tomorrow.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 174
Message 2 of 2

Re: First time sending off my ideapad

Hi Supersonicgtr,

You should have gotten a set of instructions by email as to what to send and what to keep.

If you send your hard drive, it could be reimaged by service.   If there's anything on there that you don't want to lose, don't send it.  

Are you sure your memory is good?  Bad memory will cause it not to boot. Also, the instructions that I got said not to send in the ac adapter.  I'm sure that service will have an ac adapter to fire up your machine.

When I sent mine in I did a full backup and sent the hard drive with it.  I kept the ac adapter. I can understand not being able to do a backup because of it not booting.  If you've done a backup recently, then I would send the hard drive along. You might as well let them test that as well.  If you haven't, then you have a choice to make. 

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors