cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biresh_patel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,555
Message 1 of 7

Getting a sharp noisy sound from my Lenovo Notebook speaker.

Hello, 

I am using 3000 N100 0689-6TA Note Book and my warranty got expired on 29-07-2007. I am getting a very poor quality and low volume of sound from my Notebook speaker and when I tried to connect with USB TV Tuner card since then I am getting an extra sound along with the TV channel sound, it produces some noise kind of sharp sound. It is very irritating to hear. I have to make mute to avoid this. If I connect to headphone then the clarity of the sound is good and there is no noise in the sound, I can listen clearly. After using the TV Tuner card this problem starts. Can you please tell me the reason why I am getting such noisy sound every time and even restart of notebook also doesn’t work? Is there any specific reason? Please help me.  

Thanks,Biresh

Solvan
802.11n
Views: 1,548
Message 2 of 7

Re: Getting a sharp noisy sound from my Lenovo Notebook speaker.

Looks like there is a drivers' conflict between your  in-board Audio card and USB TV tuner.  Perhaps, there are  new drivers for the audio card and the TV tuner from the internet that can correct the problem.

It would be good to try to install new drivers and see what happens.

biresh_patel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,544
Message 3 of 7

Hello Solvan,

Thanks for your quick reply. If you don't mind can you please suggest me the right driver to be install. As I don't have any driver CD along with me so I have to download it from internet.

Thanks, Biresh

Solvan
802.11n
Views: 1,527
Message 4 of 7

For your Realtek audio driver download and installation for Vista you can go to this link

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-67340

For your USB TV tuner driver, you have to google the manufacturer's(brand) latest driver if available.

biresh_patel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,487
Message 5 of 7

After installing the drivers from the above mentined link and also from Realtek, still the noisy sound persist. I couldn't understand what to do now. Please suggest me some workaround if available.

Thanks, Biresh

Solvan
802.11n
Views: 1,462
Message 6 of 7

Have you tried uninstalling the driver of the USB TV tuner? It looks like it is the one that is causing the noise problem.

cliffdi
Punch Card
Views: 1,456
Message 7 of 7

If the headphones are fine, my guess is it's not the drivers, though certainly you should remove the USB TV tuner first to see.

I've actually had this problem twice before.

Once it turned out to be a foreign object on the speakers (biscuit crumbs!) that were vibrating against the speaker cover. To check for this, just remove the speaker and hinge cover above the keyboard (see hardware manual for how to do this), gently shake the laptop upside down (remove the hard disk as well just to be on the safe side) and blow hard around the bare speakers.

The other time it happened it was actually a fault with the amp that drives the speakers. The headphones worked fine in both cases.

Cheers

Cliff

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors