Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmusci25
What's DOS?
Views: 179
Message 1 of 1

Hardware Radio Problems: Unresponsive and Incorrect Error Message

i Hello,

I recently purchased a refurbished Lenovo V570, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and did a clean reinstall of Windows using a Windows 7 Iso file. 

I have been in the process of uploading all the correct drivers and am having trouble with connecting to a wireless network. I can access the Internet via an Ethernet cable no problem. I have the Intel WiMax connection utility set up and in my device manager it shows all of my network adapters as recognized and having the correct drivers. 

It seems my problem is on the hardware radio switch. When I try to turn WiFi on with the Intel Wimax connection utility and with the Fn-F5 hotkey combination I get the message to "Turn on your wireless connection" or that my "hardware radio is off." Only thing is that I have physical hardware radio switch to the "on" position (the corresponding LED is not lit up either). 

Any ideas on what is wrong? I would think it has to do with the drivers but there are none with yellow exclamation marks or any other unknown drivers. Does the hardware radio switch device not show up in device manager or does it have a driver I might be missing?

Please help!!

Many thanks,

Ben

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors