03-14-2009

Philippines

4 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 1

Hidden Partition for Rescue and Recovery suddenly appeared on My Computer

2009-03-14, 15:45 PM

Hello to everyone viewing this forum. I'm from the Philippines, and this is my first time posting in the forums. I bought my Lenovo 3000 N100 Notebook from Singapore, and it's over a year old now.

Well, we all know that the built-in ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery program gives us a last resort when our laptops fail, and we all know that the hard drive partition where it resides is in a partition that is hidden, right? Well here's my problem..

I encountered a Windows problem which made me use a borrowed Windows operating system disk to repair it (via Windows startup repair), as although I have created recovery media already, I still want to back-up my data before that. Now after I have gone through the Windows Startup Repair service, and when I logged on, I was surprised to see the supposed to be hidden partition now appearing in My Computer! And as if that's not enough, when I try to boot Rescue and Recovery via the Lenovo Care button, it doesn't work anymore! Neither can I make Rescue and Recovery medium (Create Rescue Media on the Internal Hard drive) as it gives the following error:

"The Files required for creating the rescue media cannot be found."

And when I try to make Rescue Media on a CD/DVD:

"An internal error has caused this process to fail."

I would like to ask all you kind people here for your help with this issue.

I'm considering backing up all files I need via the Rescue and Recovery workspace, but since I can't access R&R I'm considering manually backing up the files I need via external storage devices, and my another question is that would my Product Recovery disks still work even though I can't access the R&R partition? This is my reserve plan in case I won't be able to fix the issue about the not-so-hidden partition, and I wouldn't want to lose my factory install reserves in that case...

Hope for your prompt reply!

~Jb Aquino

L3000 N100 Core2 T5800 | 2.5GB RAM | 120GB HDD | Intel GMA 950
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save