Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xeraphin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,870
Message 1 of 4

How To Upgrade SSD On V310-15IKB (80T3

Hi. I bought a V310-15IKB (80T3). It was easy to upgrade the parts with my old Lenovo since all I had to do was remove the screws under the battery and the lid would come out. Now I want to connect my SSD to my new laptopn but I couldn't figure out how I can remove the back lid. I removed all the screws but I can't find a handle to grab. There are tutorials on Youtube for 15IKB, but on all of them, there is another hatch for HDD, but not on my model. I am adding pictures of my computer. I'd be glad if anyone can tell me how to remove the back lid.

6872341d3cd845e73b332d0ca1407720584d25961c1b4bff297780c2286f27ad20dd5f7526238dcd36add05fccf32c46f886d3be707d216b2667e73e7f1c61deebfb88638f7a74774ba46fd6e40e2b2b

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,847
Message 2 of 4

Re: How To Upgrade SSD On V310-15IKB (80T3

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Are you removing the optical drive first if so equipped?  By removing it will allow easier removal of the base cover from the top half.  Page #32 of your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain how to remove the drive.  Starting on page #35 explains the base cover removal.  Here is a link to that manual for your reference......

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/v310-14-15ikb_hmm_en.pdf

There is also a Lenovo Training Video for the V510.  Although it is a slightly different model, the technique for removing the base cover should be the same.  Here is a link to that video series....

https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=1194&key=TGVuZw==

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Xeraphin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,845
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your answer. I hadn't tried removing the optical drive. I'll give it a try and share the results as soon as possible, should anyone have the same problem.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,839
Message 4 of 4

If you are not removing the optical drive, I am also thinking that the drive's retaining screw is helping to hold the cover in place and is preventing the cover from being removed. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors