cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 25,119

Make sure you have Onekey Recovery software. The desktop icon should look like this.

oneKeyRecovery.JPG 

Machines preloaded with Operating Systems should already have it installed otherwise it is impossible to create factory default recovery disc.

Method:

1. Start OneKey Recovery.
  2. Click "Create Recovery Disc" at the main page.
  3. To select a recovery disc type, please choose "Factory default recovery disc" .
  4. Select the drive location where your empty discs will be used to create recovery discs. 

Note:
    If you use CD, you'll need 17 CDs
    If you use DVD, you'll need only 3 DVDs.

5. The recovery disc creation process will start. You'll be prompted to insert blank discs whenever one disc has completed burning.

Note:
    (a) Do not turn off power during the disc creation process or the task will not complete.
    (b) You're not recommended to use the computer during disc creation.
    (c) Duration of process depends on size of the backup file and speed of optical disk drive.

6. After all required discs completed burning, the whole proess is done.

There is a video about the steps mentioned here. Please watch this video.

Note:  It's possible to backup with only 2 DVD discs while 3 DVD discs required. System will calculate disc requirement base on system image and common DVD disc capacity. There could have some differences due to different factual DVD disc. Normally, if system shows backup is successful, there should be no problem.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
ArnePanula

Creating a Recovery Disk allows the possibility of using a USB connected hard drive. A nice feature if you habitually travel  with such a drive. I selected the option to create the Recovery Disk on my 1T Toshiba Mini-Pro -- only to discover that the Recovery folders/files had indeed been created -- and that the disk had been reformatted, wiping out all the other backups on the drive -- without any notification, such as "This Drive will be Formatted and All the data on this drive will be lost." That would at least have given me a chance to stop the process. Very unprofessional for Lenovo/IBM to overlook such a precaution!

graverholt

As I understand, all files (including those made by me) will be copied. But can I also use it later to copy new files and files that have been changed?

Deniman

How is this done with onekey recovery 8.0? 

It doesn't say: 'create recovery disk '... Smiley Sad

wilkerpimenta

Hello everyone, I'm in Brazil,

I have a Yoga 2 Pro, Core i5, and I'm in trouble on windows 8.1, was reading the manual and found that I can do the restoration default manufactures, using the program that comes into it, the OneKey Recovery.
I have done all the repair procedure however when I run the OKR, it displays an error message "PROGRAM CAN NOT FIND THE SERVICE THIS PARTITION. THIS FUNCTION IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE "

How not have restoration cds windows, I wonder if there is another way to make the restoration of the system as original

Would like you guys to help, is attached one photo of the error.

How and where can I do the solicitation of CDS system recovery, since my laptop did not come with them

ThanksSem título.png

Sem título1.png

stevetmq

I have the same problem but the question is on a working system how do I recreate the partition/and all the data on it so I can reset the system?

durkinjt

I have lost onekey, tried to re-install to factory and got an error message that onekey dll is missing. How to recover. Is there a recovery disk availlable. i now have no Lenovo OS.

Happymomof3

Lenovo G570 will not do anything. Can I create the recovery discs using a different computer? there is no power, no os, nothing.