12-11-2019

AU

5 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 3

IdeaPad C340 Docks

2020-01-07, 11:25 AM

I'm wondering if there's any HDMI or Display Port docks that are compatible with the IdeaPad C340 (I've got the C340-14API).

In the user manual it states the USB C port details on page 3:

4. USB-C™ connector
• Charges USB-C compatible devices with the output voltage and current of 5 V and 3 A.
• Transfers data at USB 3.1 speed, up to 5 Gbps.
• Connects to USB-C accessories to expand computer functionality. To purchase USB-C accessories, go to https://www.lenovo.com/accessories
Note: When the battery power is below 10%, the connected USB-C accessories might not work correctly.

I've tried looking for accessories for IdeaPad C series and no results are showing? Has anyone had any luck getting extra display outputs?

Cheers

Sam

Options

734 Posts

04-23-2019

US

423 Signins

13382 Page Views

• Views: 13382
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: IdeaPad C340 Docks

2020-01-07, 14:10 PM

Hi SamuelJanetzki,

Thanks for reaching out.

I've checked the Docking station finder and was not able to find any compatible docks with this machine.

I was also unable to find any posts in the Community from any members who have successfully used any docking stations with this machine.

There is also a similar thread over at the German Community about the C340-15 not having a docking station as well.

You may still look into third-party docking station options however compatibility is not fully guaranteed.

Hope this helps,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

35 Posts

05-17-2008

AU

191 Signins

1906 Page Views

• Views: 1906
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: IdeaPad C340 Docks

2020-01-24, 21:31 PM

I'm also trying to find a suitable third party dock for my C340 15IWL 81N50044AU.

Extra display capability isn't the task I was looking for a suitable dock, for. Rather, it was for more general port expansion. Extra USB, and LAN.

The main problem I'm finding in searching for third party docks is the bulk of them are designed for 14in or smaller notebooks. We need docks that are 370mm wide. Most are only 270mm wide, or smaller.

The secondary problem is finding ones which have the USB and power in, on the right rear of the dock.

An example of a third party dock with the USB in on the correct side for the C340, ALOGIC USB-C Desktop Slim Dock with Power Delivery - Prime Series.

An example of one with the USB and power in on the wrong end for our laptops is the UGreen 5-Port USB 3.0 to HDMI DVI VGA Video Multi-Display Adapter Universal Docking Station with USB3.0 Hub Gigabit Ethernet SD TF Card Reader Audio Port.

Failing find a dock with USB in on the correct side, it's a case of look for docks designed for vertical operation like the Win-Stars USB 3.0 Universal Dual Display Docking Station with Vertical Aluminum Stand.

Lenovo notebooks
3000 N200 0769A64 (mid 2008 and STILL works!)
C340-15IWL 81N50044AU
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete